Chapter 9

Amuro P.O.V

It's been a few days since me and y/n met up with Subaru Okiya. I know that he is secretly Akai Shuichi but I don't have any evidence on that. I am trying to expose him but I need a plan. It's going to be hard considering he now lives in the Kudo mansion. I can't just barge or sneak in there, I might get arrested. Plus, I have to take care of y/n. I can't risk her being in danger, she shouldn't get involved. She is way too innocent to know about this. Speaking of y/n, I have to do something about her. She has to find a safe home to live in, the orphanage apparently closed down. It didn't have enough money to finish renovating so all the children were moved to another orphanage. The said orphanage is way too far from here. I have things to do and I can't let anybody know about y/n. I really have no other choice but to let her stay here until I have an idea on what to do. 

I knew I needed to move her to a safe place but I can't risk anybody knowing that she knows me. I have to think of a solution to keep her safe but while she is here, I have to find a way to hide her. But then again, she is a child so I have to let her out sometimes which also means she might be found. In that case, I have to think of a way to associate her with me somehow... I really don't know what to do. I'm sure eventually I'll find some kind of idea for this. But for now, I have to let her know about the news of the orphanage. 

I walked to the guest bedroom where y/n was currently playing with Haru. I sat down on the bed next to her and she looked at me.

"There's something I need to tell you, y/n..." I began. "You see, the orphanage that I told you was under renovation. It closed down. I won't go into details but basically they didn't have enough money. So until I find a solution you're going to have stay with me for longer. But you have to hide from others or at least make sure they don't know that you know me. Got it?" 

Y/n nodded her head and I went outside. Over the first few days I took her in, we talked to each other a lot and I see her as more of a little sister than a friend or guest. But of course, I don't know what y/n thinks of me. It's surprising how attached I can get with people I just met. I know it's bad to keep attachments considering I have a lot of enemies but I can't help it. She makes the world a little brighter on a gloomy day. Maybe I can let her stay with me as a little sister. I'll figure it out later. But for now, it's time to make lunch. 

I made some salmon teriyaki and called y/n out to eat lunch. We ate in silence but it's fine. We were used to it. I was busy thinking about y/n's education and safety. I was worried that she might get left behind in her education but I don't know if I should put her in school. The fees are so expensive and I don't have the money. I think I could just come up with some worksheets for her to complete. Maybe I could take her to the Poirot Cafe and she could do her worksheets there while I'm on my shift. She could stay in the employee's break room. I could also explain to Azusa-san that she is my little sister as an excuse. I'll have to talk to her about it though. 

As we finished our lunch, I approached her once again to talk about my thoughts. I explained to her and she looked confused at first but then understood. After the discussion, we changed our clothes because we are going out. We were planning to have a picnic but since it was raining, we decided to go to the movies instead. 

"Ready to go, onii-chan?" y/n asked. I looked at her wide-eyed and when she realized what she said, she looked down embarrassed. She apologized to me but I assured her it was fine. 

"You could just start calling me that considering we have to act as siblings anyway." I said with a smile. I was really happy that she felt comfortable with me and saw me as an older brother. I've always wanted a little sister/brother but I was an only child. It got lonely in my house back when I was younger because my parents would always leave for a business trip or vacation. They would leave me in my house alone with a babysitter. The babysitter they hired didn't even do anything. All she did was sit down with a phone in her hand all day. She was hired to take care of me and clean the house but she didn't. Instead, I had to cook and clean. This was one of the reasons why I could cook quite well.