Chapter 7

Amuro P.O.V.

I left y/n in the employee break room. It would be much safer that way anyways. I quickly rushed outside as I was going to start my shift. I met Azusa-san. She is my coworker but I consider her a friend of mine more than anything. She asked me to call me by just Azusa but I decided against it as it may endanger her if the Black Organization knows that we are close. The Black Organization is no doubt dangerous. If I want to continue to go undercover, I will need to be careful and protect people who I care about. Who knows what they might do to them because one thing is for certain, the BO (Black Organization) will not hesitate to kill or torture someone if necessary. 

I stopped thinking about this and took the order of the first customer. As the day went by, more and more customers came in. I had to admit that it was rather tiring but it was fun. I loved to cook, it was like a hobby for me. Customer after customer, it seemed that they never stopped coming. But alas, it was time for me to close the cafe. I told Azusa-san that she could go ahead as I knew she had a family dinner. She thanked me before quickly gathering her things and walking out the door. As I was cleaning the countertop, I remembered that I haven't checked on y/n yet. I finished wiping the countertop before heading in the room where she was. I saw that y/n was asleep. I was thankful that she didn't walk out during the shift otherwise I would have to explain to Azusa-san why I had a 12 year old girl in the room. Raising to much suspicion is something I didn't need right now. I still don't know why I let her stay with me. It's probably more dangerous staying with me than living on the streets honestly. If she just wandered around and asked for a place to stay than maybe some other person will temporarily let her stay there or adopt her. I still feel bad for her. She lost her parents and memories. I still need to decide what to do with her. If I let her stay in my house than let her go afterwards, the BO might try to find her for information about me. It is rather hard to find information about me because I kept it a secret but at this point there is no turning back now. I realized it was 4 o'clock and decided to make her a snack as she skipped lunch. 

Y/N P.O.V.

I was woken up by some gentle shaking. I stirred awake and realized that it was Amuro-san. I slowly woke up and sat down. I looked at the clock and realized how late it is. Amuro-san gestured me to follow him so I did. He then sat me down on one of the chairs and brought me some sandwiches. I just realized how hungry I was so I immediately ate them. While I was eating, Amuro-san was closing up the cafe. By the time I finished eating, it was 4:30 already. Amuro-san finished closing the cafe and we walked out. 

Amuro-san said that we need to go to the grocery store for a while to buy more things like food and a toothbrush for me. He also said that we needed to get more dog food. I was confused at first but then realized that I remembered seeing a white fluff ball. I didn't think it was a dog at first but when I realized I felt awful for not noticing him/her. We got the things and walked to pay for the items. Just as Amuro-san was paying, we heard a scream from one of the aisles. I decided to go check it out since I was always too curious for my own good. Amuro-san said to meet back here if nothing was wrong. 

I walked towards to where the scream was from and saw something that I will never, ever be able to unsee. I saw a corpse there. The corpse was a female employee from the uniform. She had brown hair and was hung by a rope. I then saw that there was no one else aside from me. 'The person who screamed must've run of somewhere already.' I saw the corpse again and panicked, I bolted towards Amuro-san. 

"Amuro-san, there's a dead body!" I said while crying. He looked at me surprised but regained his composure. He instructed me to wait around here until he comes back. I really don't know what else to do. I am just a 12 year old after all. Amuro-san quickly went to the location and asked another employee to call the police. While all of this was happening, I sat in a corner with the groceries trying to process what happened. I was still in so much shock from what happened. I tried not to cry but the image of the corpse was still painted in my mind. I started to cry quietly again. I really didn't know why I got involved in this. They are probably going to bring me to the police station and interrogate me since I was the "first" person to see this. Even though I wasn't, the person who originally found it wasn't there. So they are going to make me be the one to be the first person to see it. I can also tell why I was the "first" person to find it because 1) the supermarket was a bit empty 2) the corpse was in a very secluded section of the supermarket 3) I guess nobody cared enough to find out why there was a scream.

Just then, some people approached me. I was really scared because I didn't know them or what they wanted. The fat person wearing a brown vest and brown hat came closer to me. 

"Hello there kid, what's your name?" he asked. I muttered y/n and he continued to question me about my personal information. I was really uncomfortable but there was really no other way out of this. The people surrounding me were bigger than me, they had weapons such as guns and I don't want to get shot. 

"So, who are your parents?" he pressed. I just sat there dumbfounded. I was on the verge of tears because I was beginning to remember about the car crash and about my family. With all of this information gushing through my head, I began to run away. I could hear the man calling out to me but I just couldn't do this. I needed some time alone. I ran as far as I could, even passing Amuron-san. He seemed to be distracted by the police but I could've sworn I saw him glance at me while I was sprinting by. I halted to a stop in front of tree outside of the supermarket. I just sat there. Then it was when it all happened, I cried and cried for what seemed like hours. I just sat there crying silently. Anyone who saw me looked away like I wasn't there. But I can't blame them, I am just some crying kid who probably got upset for not being bought ice cream is something they are probably thinking. 

After I was done crying, I actually ended up falling asleep next to the tree. I guess crying does take up a lot of energy.