chapter six : With Love

"Come on Y/n!" I hear James yell once I go back into the room after changing into my pyjamas.

"Give me a second!" I yell back. I go over to my bag and grab my shark blanket and plush. I climb into the blanket fort and lay down on my sleeping bag. All four sleeping bags are in a circle with the heads in the middle. The light in James' room is off so we use lumos to bring in some light. Technically it's illegal but no one is going to do anything about a couple kids using a light spell in a Wizarding neighbourhood.

"Deal me in," I say as Remus deals out two playing cards to each of us. I look at my hand before tossing a cookie into the middle, everyone enters the game by tossing in a cookie.

"The game is Texas Holdem' dealers choice, with jacks as wildcards," Remus informs and everyone gives him an astonished look.

"What? I like poker," He shrugs. We end up playing a few hands and we had to teach James how to play the game.

"It's not that hard! Just check or bet!" Peter yells at James.

"But I want to fold!"

"James! If no one bets then don't fold, you have nothing to lose if you check!" I match Peter's tone.

"But why can't I just fold and keep playing?" James acts and everyone grunts and rolls their eyes at him.

"Folding is when you forfeit the hand you have, if you fold there's no chance of you winning!" Remus says for the hundredth time.

"This game is really confusing, I don't want to play anymore," James crosses his arms and pouts.
"It's not hard you actually listen," Remus mutters under his breath as he packs up the cards. I sit criss cross with my shark blanket around me and my stuffed animal in my lap. I grab one of my moms cookies from the container in the middle of us and take a bite. My mom really knows how to make cookies.

"Have any of you written to Sirius during break?" I ask, suddenly thinking about him.

"Yeah, I sent him a ton of letters," James says with a mouth full of cookies.

"Do you sign them all with 'with love' at the end too," Remus jokes and James shoots him a dirty look.

"The nature of mine and Sirius' relationship is none of your business," James plays along.

"When were you planning on proposing?" Peter holds back laughter.

"Probably come springtime, I want to be able to have a summer wedding," James says, not breaking character.

"Are you gonna have one of those cakes with the bride and groom toppers?" I take another bite of my cookie.

"Yeah, would it be James or Sirius in the dress?" Remus looks at me.

"Sirius definitely," I nod, confident with my  answer.

"I could see him wearing one of those frilly wedding gowns," I continue. We all sit quietly for a few seconds before the four of us broke into laughter.

"He would have a fit if he was here," James laughs. After a while, we all get tired and turn the lights out and get comfortable and fall asleep. I'm really glad I came here, I always have fun with these weirdos.

The next day, Dad came to pick me up at noon, after that, the next week and a half went by so quickly, next thing I know, I'm back at the train station boarding the train for Hogwarts. This time on the train, I sit with Lily, Mary, Marlene and one of her friends, Dorcas. We talk about our breaks for the ride until we get to the station. Once I exit the train with the girls, I notice James, Peter and Remus talking to Sirius.

"I'll meet you all back at the castle," A big smile plastered on my face, not being able to contain my excitement. I run over to the group and hug Sirius. I let go after a moment and stand with the rest of my friends.

"You have no idea how boring it is by yourself here." He complains.

"Well we're here now!" We head to the carriages, talking about our breaks as we head towards the castle. We make our way to the great hall and Dumbledore welcomes all of us back before the tables fill with food. After dinner we went back to the common room. We hang out for a bit before James, Remus and Peter tiredly head up to bed, leaving Sirius and myself.

"I really wished you were there at James',"

"I wish I was too," he sighs.

"Why didn't you go home?" I tilt my head.

"Mother and father aren't very big on the whole Christmas thing."

"That's sad, well maybe next year we can all spend Christmas together," I suggest. The common room is almost empty so I can speak quietly all the while still being heard by Sirius.

"I'd like that," We sit in a comfortable silence for a minute before I take my camera and scrapbook out of my bag. I set the camera up before shutting one of my eyes and hold the camera up to my open eye, positioning it properly. I'm about to take the picture until I decide to flip the camera around and move closer to Sirius. I take the photo of the two of us and watch the image come out of the top of the camera.

Sirius and I watch as the image begins to form. I smile at the image before writing the date on the back and slipping into my scrapbook, next to the one I took at James'.

"Now you have your first picture in here too," I smile and he hugs me.

"I'm glad I have friends like you," He mumbles and I can't help the large grin that grows on my face.

I'm glad too.