chapter eight : Chocolate Frogs

"Mum, I didn't forget anything so stop worrying," I laugh.

"I have every right to worry," Mum defends. The platform starts to get busier and busier with every passing minute. I notice Sirius walking with another boy and quickly say my goodbyes to mum and dad, giving them hugs then running up to Sirius, jumping and hugging him from the back. He lets out a scream before realising it's me.

"Don't bloody scare me like that!" He holds his hand to his chest, recovering from the scare.

"Then be on a better lookout next time," I smirk.

"There better not be a next time!" He complains. The boy next to him rolls his eyes.

"Come on, let's go find a compartment before they're full," He agrees and I grab his wrist and drag him towards the train. I board the train and look for an empty compartment. Ironically it was the same compartment from the year prior. I go into the compartment and jump to the window seat, and Sirius sits across from me. The boy that Sirius is with just stands awkwardly by the door. I'm assuming that he is Sirius' brother. Sirius did mention he would be coming this year.

"You wanna come sit with us?" I ask as he's about to walk away. Sirius looks at me questionably and the boy comes back to the door. He nods before coming in and sitting next to Sirius, keeping a bit of a distance.

"Hi, I'm Y/n, I'm guessing your Sirius' brother," I introduce.

"Regulus," He introduces simply.

"Ooo, I love that your family is named after stars, it's quite fascinating,"

"You're into astronomy?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah, it's my favourite subject to study," I notice Sirius looks kinda pissed. I get little siblings can be annoying and embarrassing, like I really understand, but I wouldn't kick any of my sisters out. I turn my attention towards Sirius and I lightly kick his shin.

"Lighten up princess, I thought you'd be happier to see me," I smirk and Sirius just rolls his eyes. Regulus seems visibly uncomfortable. He's looking down and fidgeting with his hands.

"Come on, what's wrong?"

"Why does he have to sit with us?" He asks with a hint of venom in his voice. Before I can say anything else, Regulus throws his bag over the shoulder and quickly and wordlessly leaves the compartment. I go to say something but he's already gone. I turn back to Sirius angrily.

"Why'd you have to be like that!?"

"Would you want any of your sisters to sit with us?" He counters with a question.

"I may not like it but I wouldn't be an absolute dick about it," I cross my arms.

"Well he's left now so it doesn't even matter anymore does it," He rolls his eyes. I huff and lean back in the seat. We sit there angry for probably a minute, not saying a word to each other.

"Please don't tell me it's going to be like this the whole way there," James, Peter and Remus appear at the door and filter in. Sirius' expression changes in an instant and he gets super excited and greets his friends, almost as if our previous interaction never happened. I can't tell what pisses me off more, the fact that he doesn't seem angry anymore or the fact that he was just a dick to his brother.

I really hate being angry, it's an uncomfortable feeling. And of all the days to get pissed off it just had to be my first day back. I quietly greeted everyone and they sat down, filling the compartment. The train starts moving not long after. The rest of them are laughing and chatting and I sit there quietly.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" I hear the lady from a few compartments down. I shoot up in my seat and head towards it. I pull out some of my money and approach the trolley.

"What can I get for you dear?" She acts.

"Five chocolate frogs please," I ask and she grabs them for me. I'm about to hand her the money when someone appears next to me and hands her the money. The lady looks between the two of us.

"Such a gentleman," She says as she hands them to me. I turn on my heel and the person does too.

"You know I was about to pay myself, yea," I stop just before we reach the door to our compartment.

"Yeah, but I wanted to," Sirius has his hands in his pockets. He's not all that much taller than me but he is still visibly much taller. I can tell he grew a bit during the summer too.

"Well if you think you can make up for being a twat earlier by pay for a few chocolate frogs, then you're poorly mistaken," I scoff.

"About that, I'm sorry I got mad at you," I looks down at his feet. I sigh.

"I'm not the one you should apologise to Sirius. Weren't you nervous on your first day?"

"Yeah, but一" He pauses to think, "right," He acknowledges, understanding why I'm upset.

"Apologise to him later, but right now, we have some chocolate frogs to catch," I wave one of the boxes before handing it to him. I head back into the compartment, clearly in a better mood than before.

"Chocolate frogs for everyone, compliments of Sirius and myself," I say smugly, handing everyone a box.

"Hey, I paid for them, it should be compliments of just me," Sirius complains.

"Yeah, but it was my idea and I was about to pay before you stepped in," I say matter of factly.

"Oh please stop bickering like an old married couple," James rolls his eyes playfully.

"Oh grow up and eat your chocolate," Sirius says smugly and we all laugh. The rest of the way is spent chatting and laughing, I mean, when are we not? Once we get off the train, I see Regulus standing in the back of a group of first years.

"Now go follow through on your word," I say to Sirius, the other three too distracted by there conversation to pay attention to the two of us. He walks over to Regulus and I watch them talk, too far away to hear what they are saying to each other.

Sirius apologises to his brother and it looks like they share a pleasant, yet short, conversation before Hagrid beacons all of the first years to the boats. I smile as Sirius hugs his brother before heading back over to us. If only I knew then that this was the last time the two of them would have a pleasant conversation...