chapter seven : A Toast

My first year at Hogwarts has been a good one. I made so many friends that make me happy and it saddens me to have to go home. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but I am really going to miss my friends. Mary and I have been talking about her having a sleepover at my house the weekend after our first year back home.

James, Remus, Peter, Sirius and I are also planning on doing something. We don't know what we want to do yet, but I can tell James has a few big ideas. I want to spend as much time with my friends this summer or else it will be boring and uneventful. How did I survive ten and a half years like that?

As we finish up our last week of our first year, the tests and final assignments are getting quite stressful. Me and Sirius do a lot of studying, well, it's more me studying and him goofing off. We still end up studying, he just knows a lot more than I do, for him, it's more refreshing his memory rather than learning the content. He has actually got us kicked out of the library three times during our study sessions.

I like to study with either one other person or none. I keep my calm when studying and actually focus on studying, and if there is only one of my friends there, they can't get distracted as much. Unless it's Remus, he too takes studying as seriously. Unfortunately, we have our potions final coming up, and we all have that class together, if you see what I'm hinting at.

"Are you serious!?" I whisper yell at James, who has knocked over a ton of books, making a lot of noise. Sirius perks up from the other side of the bookshelf, peaking through the section that James just knocked off.

"No I'm Sirius, that's James,"

"Yeah Y/n, you have known us long enough, you will be able to tell us apart by now." James plays along. Sirius comes to the otherside of the book shelf and puts his arm around James' shoulder. I roll my eyes at their foolishness and cast a simple charm to put the books back on the shelf.

"You two are idiots, it'll be a miracle if you pass any of your classes,"

"There's the Y/n we know and love!一" Sirius pauses, looking towards James, "always insulting our intelligence," He says like it's an observation.

"Could the two of you please shut up for five minutes," Remus complains. Sirius and James hold back laughter, before bursting out laughing. Remus rolls his eyes before slamming his book shut and standing up.

"Apologies Y/n, We can study together tomorrow if you'd like, but I can't focus with the two of them goofing around,"

"I understand, I'll probably stay here for a bit though, they're annoying but I'm already a bit behind," Remus nods and heads out, Peter following him. James and Sirius are the worst pair to do anything with seriously.

"It's probably close to supper time if the two of you want to leave," I say, genuinely annoyed, all the while not looking up from my notes.

"I'm actually pretty hungry, you coming Sirius?" James whispers behind me.

"Nah, I'll meet you there in a bit,"

"Whatever you say man, have fun studying," James says before I hear him walk off. The chair next to me, where Remus sat minutes ago, gets pulled out and Sirius fills the space.

"Sorry," he mutters. It's silent between the two of us for a moment before I look up at him.

"Well are you just going to sit there or are you going to study?" I ask.

"Actually I had noticed you were frustrated even before me and James pissed you off,一" He adjusts his chair, pulling himself closer to the desk, "一I wanted to know if you need any help?" I look at him astonished for a moment before shaking myself out of it.