chapter nine : Full Moon

"Finally! The weekend," James cries out, a few heads turned towards us. It has already been three weeks into the year and the five of us are already exhausted, except for James of course. They are holding Quidditch tryouts for this season next week. James got rejected last year since he couldn't even fly a broom. His parents had gotten him one of the newest brooms at the end of the summer for him to practise. He's quite good if I do say so myself, but will he be good enough to get in? Probably not.

He ended up roping Sirius into trying out for the team this year. He wore me down as well. James and Sirius were pretty good fliers, me on the other hand, I need a bit more practice. James and Sirius have been practising whenever they get the chance, and they are helping me out too. James wants to be a chaser while Sirius wants to be a beater. I'm not exactly sure what position I want. Seeker maybe? I don't know.

"Y/n, we're training this weekend, considering me and Sirius are definitely getting in, if it would make us look bad if you were to fail," James says smugly.

"Exactly, if you are to fail, we will have to not-so-politely ask you to stop associating yourself with us," Sirius plays along.

"Oh no, what ever will I do without you replaceable losers," I say dramatically and put my hand over my heart and the other on my forehead. James and Sirius glare at me.

"Nah, you'd miss us," Sirius smirks with his arms crossed.

"Would not," I defend.

"Yeah, you kinda would, remember when you got really emotional when Remus couldn't hang out at James'," Peter recalls and Sirius bursts out laughing.

"Thank you Peter," I say deadpanning. I notice Remus looking a bit nervous, but that's not unusual. He gets sick a lot and misses school because of it. Now that I think of it, it's like he gets sick like clockwork, around the same time every month. I'm not saying he's faking it, but if I could fake sick, I would miss as much school as possible.

"Come on, let's go practice before the field gets really busy." James grabs my wrist and drags me away. The rest of the day is spent practising, and by the time we get back to the common room, the three of us are exhausted.

"Yeah, I think you're ready for tryouts," James spawls out on the couch. I grab his arm and pull him off of the couch and he falls to the ground with a thud.

"What the hell was that for?!" he complains as I sit on the couch he was just on.

"You were taking up the whole couch," I lean my head back, looking up at the ceiling.

"I think I broke my leg," Sirius complains.

"You're fine!" I repeat for the tenth time.

"How do you know!"

"Because you wouldn't be walking on it if it was broken!" He sits on the couch and rests his feet on James, who seems too tired to move from his position on the floor.

"Hey, have you guys seen Remus?" Peter asks, concern present on his face.

"Have you checked the library?" James says, his voice slightly muffled by the floor.

"Library's closed mate," Sirius reminds.

"Is he not in your dorm?" I look back at Peter.

"I just came from there," Peter huffs. I get up and start helping Peter ask round about our resident Lupin. No one's seen him.

"You're bloody sure you checked everywhere?" I asked Peter.

"Of course I have!"

"He's probably in the hospital wing, you know he's always sick," Sirius comes up behind me, followed by James.