Chapter 16

When souls are trapped, they are rendered vulnerable and unable to escape the prison in that they have been cursed. Whether it is trapped inside their mind or in a body different from theirs. These prisoners can be trapped mentally, emotionally, or physically. Whatever the case may be, the only way they can truly reach salvation is to be set free. The only way to be set free is the find the key. In Spring's circumstance, he is trapped in his prison. Plagued by a blank mind and a broken heart. 

A week after Spring's awakening, Bonnie took extra precautions to hide Spring from the others. For the most part, Spring has been listening to Bonnie's instructions, the others haven't ventured down to the basement, and Bonnie has been clever about sneaking down to the basement without Freddy getting suspicious. Still, he couldn't figure out what was wrong with Spring's system. Why was he not able to not speak? Why were his eyes black with white pupils? Why did he seem to not recognize the pizzeria? Whatever the case may be, Bonnie had to figure it out. Spring was the only way he could get the answers he needed and stop Fredbear.  

It was nine in the evening when Bonnie brought down food for Spring. He started to get up before the others and stay up later to sneak down breakfast and dinner for Spring. He always made sure to bring a big plate full of food so that way he would have enough for something to snack on while Bonnie would be away. Spring sat on the floor in silence while he was munching on meatloaf. Bonnie sat in a chair at the workbench trying to make sense of Spring's manual. He skimmed through the pages trying to see if there was something that would catch his eye. All of Spring's systems were set to their original settings. Still, he couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. Could his problem be emotional or mental rather than physical? If that was the case, how was he going to fix that? Bonnie sighed and sat the book down. He pushed his curls back in frustration and turned to Spring. He was about done with his food. Spring turned to look at Bonnie. Bonnie gave a small smile and let out a small chuckle. "Taste good?" Bonnie asked. Though he didn't smile, he could see the contentment in his eyes as he nodded his head. Why was he rendered emotionless? Freddy's stories always described him as being full of energy and character. Why was he so broken? 

Bonnie made his way to Spring and sat on the ground before him. "Do you recognize this place?" Spring turned his head to look around the room. He then turned back to Bonnie and shook his head. Bonnie frowned at that response. This wasn't going to be easy at all. "Do you know who you are?" Bonnie asked. Spring only lowered his ears and shook his head again. Could he be suffering from amnesia? He did have a traumatic experience and was left to decay for 30 years. He couldn't imagine anyone going through that and acting as if nothing happened. Bonnie was lost in thought when Bonnie started to feel his stomach move abruptly. He started to take deep breaths as he started to rub his belly. He could feel Fronnie kick and move around. Spring noticed Bonnie's sudden distress and moved closer tilting his head. Though he showed no facial expression, Bonnie could see that concern shined through Spring's eyes. Bonnie looked up and gave him a small smile. "I-I'm ok. My baby is just kicking." Bonnie panted and he slowly slide across the floor to lean under the stairs. He held onto his belly gently rubbing it. Spring sat next to him and watch Bonnie settle his unborn child. He took the blanket that he was always covered with and wrapped it around Bonnie. Bonnie accepted the gesture and snuggled into the blanket. "Thank you," Bonnie said softly. After a few seconds, Fronnie calmed down and Bonnie turned to Spring. "I bet you're confused about how a male can get pregnant?" Spring slowly nodded his head. "I was built as both male and female but, I'm mostly a male." Spring in return nodded his head. "Do you remember Freddy?" Spring tilted his head and his ear twitched a little. Bonnie frowned at Spring's response. "Well, he's my husband and the father of my baby. He's such a wonderful man and we can't wait for the day our baby is born. He's so hardworking, thoughtful, and compassionate. I don't know what my life would be like without him." Bonnie stated as he rubbed his belly. His eyes brighten at the sound of Freddy's name. He turned to Spring who had the same look of wonderment in his eyes. "Believe it or not, you have someone who loves you like that." Spring's ears stood straight up and his eyes went wide. Then Bonnie realized. "You don't remember Fredbear, do you?" Spring lowered his ears and looked to the ground. This broke Bonnie's heart so much. He couldn't imagine how Fredbear would feel if he found out that his love couldn't remember him. He thought for a moment until he remembered something.