Chapter 20

With broken hearts now healed and suffering comes comfort. The residents of the pizzeria now live in harmony. With less than a month away. Bonnie was now placed on bed rest as promised. Because of this, Freddy became aggressive and overprotective of Bonnie and became more anxious. He was always by Bonnie's side 24/7 to make sure he was ok. Whenever they would perform he would use his break to check in on Bonnie, despite Fredbear and Spring telling him that Bonnie was okay under their care.

It was an early Sunday morning. With the pizzeria closed for the day, it allowed the crew to have a break as well as allow Spring and Fredbear to come out of hiding. Fredbear was able to come to terms that it would be better for him and Spring to accept retirement. It allowed them to focus on themselves after being so far apart. Plus with them working all those years ago, they never had time to do things together. They were starting to enjoy the freedom that they never got to have before. At this time, Freddy had walked into the kitchen. "Hey Freddy, want me to fix you a plate?" Chica asked. Freddy went to the coffee maker and poured himself a cup. "No thank you. Just make for Bonnie." Freddy replied. "How is he holding up?" Fredbear asked. "What do you think?" Freddy asked raising a brow. "Lemme guess, he's moaning and groaning about wanting to be on his feet and be helpful?" Spring guessed. "Ding Ding Ding," Freddy replied taking a sip of his cup of Joe. "I get it that he's a month away before he's due, but surely a bit of exercise wouldn't hurt him," Spring stated. Freddy sighed and rubbed his temple. "I get where you're coming from, but with Bonnie this far along he's already gained more baby weight. Anytime he tries to get up or walk he's out of breath, his feet hurt, or his back aches. I just want to make this final month as comfortable as possible for him." Spring made a soft smile. "And we all can see that." He took the plate that Chica had made for Bonnie. "I'll deliver this to him." Freddy went to get up and took the plate. "It's fine Spring. I'll deliver it to him." Spring moved the plate away from. "Ah sit!" Spring snapped at him. Freddy stopped in his tracks and sat back down in his seat. "Good boy." Spring smiled and turned to leave the kitchen. "Wow, he treated you like a dog, and I'm more of a mutt if anything," Foxy stated. Freddy just gave him a deadpan expression. "Thank Foxy." Fredbear scratched the side of his chin. "You know, Spring was thinking and brought up to me that we should do something for Bonnie."  Freddy gave a soft smile. "I appreciate the thought, but I know Bonnie wouldn't want you to feel obligated to do something like that." However, Fredbear protested to Freddy's statement. "Aw come on lil bro, after everything Bonnie has done for me and Spring, he deserves something. On top of that, he's carrying my niece or nephew. Plus, We are blood-related, Foxy and Chica have done more than me and Spring have." He turns to Foxy and Chica. "No offense." Foxy just smiled and gave a small nod while Chica gave a wink and replied. "None taken dear." Fredbear turned back to Freddy. "Come on bro, just this once?" Freddy sighed and smiled. "Ok. Only because Bonnie deserves it. What did you have in mind?" Fredbear scratched the back of his head. "Well, this was more of Spring's idea. He proposed that we should through Bonnie a baby shower." Chica squealed and her eyes sparkled. "We're throwing a baby shower?!" At that time, Spring had walked in and heard the conversation. He too beamed and danced up and down. "You told him my baby shower idea!" Freddy then began to protest. "No, no, no. We are not throwing a baby shower. You know Bonnie doesn't like big and extravagant things." Spring and Chica huddled up together and looked at Freddy with pleading eyes. "Aw come on Freddy! We promise we'll make it a small one for him." Spring begged. "Yeah, it'll just be one or two gifts and a couple of cupcakes," Chica added. "Please?" They both said in unison. Freddy sighed. "Alright, you four can plan a baby shower." Spring and Chica cheered. "But remember, Bonnie's tastes are plain and simple. I don't want Bonnie to get overwhelmed." Freddy stated. "You got it, boss," Chica stated. "So while you four are planning this, what is my job in this?" Freddy asked. "Simple Captain, you keep the lad company long enough for us to plan it for this evening so he doesn't get suspicious." Freddy nodded. "Fair enough." He stood up taking his cup of coffee with him. Before he left, he turned back to the others. "Remember, plain and simple." All four of them nodded in unison. Freddy turned back around and headed back to his and Bonnie's chambers.