Chapter 4

Enfp sprinted out the door like she was chasing her motivation to come back and help her finish one of the 17 different projects she'd started.

Istp sometimes failed to understand how much enthusiasm Enfp seemed to have. It felt endless. Like driving a car with the pedal pressed down all the way, all the time. Wasn't it tiring? How could someone be that endlessly optimistic? Maybe she had a generator she plugged into at night.

He laughed at the thought. Oh Istp, you really are a riot.

Enfp kept her eyes on the device, like if she looked away it might run off or something.

She bounded down the hall, while keeping the device firmly planted in both of her hands, while also being quite possibly the least inconspicuous creature on the planet. When she got out the door she followed Istp's instructions and found the café.

Enfp: "Time for stealth mode." Enfp slyly walked down the street, and tried to blend in, well, as much as an Enfp could blend in; Of course while singing the mission impossible song.

She walked through the doors, her heart literally beating a mile a minute, and realized she had no idea what she was doing.

"Hi can I help you with something?" A waiter asked from behind the counter.

Enfp's heartrate went through the roof. And like the very conspicuous person she was, jumped about a foot in the air, and fell onto one of the tables set up for a couple who had a reservation.

Enfp: I hope Intj didn't see that. Who am I kidding? Of course he saw.

Literally everyone in the café was looking at her. This, was not a new experience for Enfp, she had been the subject of several embarrassing stories. Be it a hilarious misunderstanding, or a practical joke gone wrong, she was always getting herself into weird predicaments. She didn't mind it though, it actually made for great conversation filler.

Enfp prepared to try to explain herself without looking like a maniac.

"Oh my goodness are you ok?!" Said a very concerned waiter.

Enfp: "I- uh- um- I don't know." Great job Enfp, you really displayed effective communication.

Enfp saw Intj and his date staring at the source of the loud noise. Intj didn't recognize her at first, then he realized.

Intj (eyes widen): "ENFP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!" Intj yelled to cover up his embarrassment of knowing this walking disaster.

Isfj: "You know this girl?"

Intj: "Unfortunately, yes. And again, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

Enfp: "uhhhhhhh -I uhhhhh.." SAY SOMETHING. LITERALLY ANYTHING, JUST SAY SOMETHING."

Enfp: "uhh, I dunno." REALLY? YOU DON'T KNOW?! DO YOU REALLY THINK HE'S GONNA BUY THAT?

While Intj was trying to sort out Enfp's sentence, he noticed something in her hand that looked like a device of some sort.

Intj: "What's that thing in your hand?"

Enfp: "..."

Intj: "Enfp?"

Enfp: PANIC! PANIC! PANIC! DANGER! DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Then Enfp slammed the device into the ground, and it shattered into hundreds of pieces. Not good.

Enfp looked at the smashed device with a look of utter terror on her face, an emotion Intj hadn't seen on Enfp before, sure she looked surprised or scared when she accidentally spilled a secret or said something she wasn't supposed to. But this, this was an expression that suggested someone was going to die. Intj almost felt bad for her, until he remembered that she wasn't supposed to be here in the first place, and that she most definitely deserved this.

Isfj: "A- are you ok?" All your years of helping your friends has been leading leading up to this moment. This is what you've been training for. Well not specifically THIS, but you can handle it, remember that time Estp came to you with a gash on his arm? This is just like that! Just, an emotional gash.

Enfp just sat there staring at the broken device amidst the fallen over table and chairs, the tablecloth draped over her like a blanket.

Intj expected Enfp to dismiss the broken thing after a couple of seconds, like she normally did, or at least say something, but she just sat there, almost perfectly still.

Enfp: "No no no no no no no no. NO NO NO NO NO."

Isfj: "Wh- what? What's wrong?!" This girl was seriously stressing out Isfj. All she wanted was for everyone to be okay. She had just met this person, yet it was the only thing she wanted right now.

Enfp: "This is bad. This is REALLY REALLY BAD. ISTP IS GONNA KILL ME!"

Isfj: "C- can you tell me what the problem is?"

Enfp started crying, which really freaked out Intj. And made Isfj feel really bad.

Intj: "Ok, here's what we're going to do. You're going to get up, calm down, and tell me WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE. OK?"

Isfj: "um.."

Enfp just kept crying, unaware of what Intj was saying.

Intj reached out to grab Enfp's attention.

Isfj: "I really don't think you should do that.."

Intj didn't stop. He reached out his hand to try to make sense of this.

As soon as his hand made contact with Enfp. She screamed. That was something Intj was not prepared for. Why do people have to be so emotional?

Isfj shrieked, she was now very scared both for herself and for the poor girl.

Intj was seriously freaked out. What was Enfp doing? Why was she crying? What was the device that she smashed? His mind was doubled over with questions he couldn't get answers for and it was infuriating.

Enfp was now in fight or flight mode. She tried to stand up and get far far away from this catastrophe. But as she stood up she started to feel dizzy and lightheaded, it was almost better compared to the throbbing awareness of earlier.

And Enfp crashed to the ground back on top of the table she had just stood up from.