Chapter 7

As they walked through the doors to their apartment they saw Istp playing around with his computer, probably writing a code script to do his work for him. Intj looked around but didn't see Esfj anywhere, which was odd considering how invested she seemed before. He had been surprised she hadn't been outside the door ready to squeeze a story out of him.

Intj: "Hey Istp, have you seen Esfj anywhere?"

Istp: "Oh she went down the hall to try and stop Estp from doing one of his stunts."

Intj sighed. He was kinda relieved Esfj wasn't there, as she most definitely would've poked and prodded until he told her exactly what happened in the most excruciating detail, at least this way he could avoid the subject for a little while. He walked over to the pantry to get something to eat that wasn't pastry or a sugary drink.

Istp: "Oh by the way, Enfp do you have my device?"

Intj cringed a little at that statement knowing full well what was going to follow.

Enfp: "Oh, ummmmm sorry..." She handed Istp the bag with his broken device.

Istp sighed. "You had one job... you had.. one.. job. I should've known better than to trust you. Well?

Enfp: "W- well what?" Istp genuinely scared Enfp sometimes, he was pretty chill most of the time and she didn't have to worry about him usually. But it was quite unnerving the way he approached things like this. Enfp was usually good at gauging how mad people were if she was in a situation where she had most definitely messed more than what was excusable. If she should be sorry, or extremely sorry. But Istp reacted generally the same to most things, and the last thing she wanted to do was make him more mad, so she just tried to say as little as possible.

Istp: "Pay up. That thing was not cheap. In the ballpark of $200."

Enfp: "um.. I don't.. I don't have that much.."

Intj hated to see all the life and wonder drain out of Enfp, especially after not seeing it for so long beforehand. He felt like he should intervene, but he didn't know what to say.

Istp: "Well, you better find some."

Enfp: "O- ok- okay." She was holding back tears at this point.

Intj: Okay that's the last straw.

Intj: "No."

Istp: "What did you say?"

Intj: "No. It's not okay. She's suffered enough. She doesn't deserve this." He couldn't stand for this; he couldn't let her deal with this alone. Besides, it was sort of his fault too.

Enfp would've found that statement adorable and touching, if she wasn't still terrified with the situation, and the rising tension.

Istp: "Deserve what?" He didn't understand the problem. She broke it, she pays for it. How she paid for it, was none of his business.

Intj: "She tried her hardest and was devastated when she realized what happened, I'll cover the damages if you need." He hated giving in, but he honestly didn't want this conversation to drag on longer than it had to."

Istp: "Okay fine by me, long as it gets paid I'm cool with whatever you two work out."

Enfp was now staring at Intj with a look of admiration in her eyes.

Enfp: "That was so sweet thank you!"

Intj blushed. "I just didn't want my efforts to be in vain you know. I went through all that effort to make sure you were okay, and I just didn't want it to go to waste. I was just making sure things were fair, after you know..." Intj still felt incredibly guilty about the incident, and he couldn't figure out why. It didn't make sense and it was driving him crazy. Was this what emotions felt like? He didn't like it.

Enfp: "Awwwwww It's okay!!!"

She lunged herself at Intj to try and hug him again, he put his arms up in self-defense.

Intj: "We already hugged, wasn't that was enough?" She was really a lot sometimes and it was kind of shock from how quickly she had changed from shy and timid to her normal crazy, enthusiastic self.

Enfp: "It was only once! Come on!" She tried again to wrap her arms around him, and he made less of an effort to stop her. It was kind of comforting, still awkward and weird to him, but he understood why people would like this.

Oh how he'd missed her.

END OF PART 1