Chapter 1- Pilot

~5:30am
*beep beep*

I reach my hand out to my nightstand where laid my alarm, I pressed snooze as I laid back down on my head sinking into my pillows. Exhausted, having only one hour and a half of sleep due to the case I was working on last night.

I managed to gather enough energy to pick myself up
and drag myself to the washroom. Looking into the mirror, there laid my eye bags. Worse then i've ever seen, it looked like I haven't slept in a decade. But nothing a little makeup can't fix

After taking a shower, I dried my hair and went to my wardrobe to pick out an outfit.

I wore tight greyish jeans and a black top.
I hooked my holster and my badge onto my jeans and took my gun out of my safe. The safe which only Voight knew the code to.

//
~6:55am
I parked my car into my usual parking spot and grabbed my purse and black zip up as I got out the car.

I walked up the stairs after buzzing myself up, I was shocked to see Jay asleep head down on his desk. I wondered if he stayed overnight.

I carefully and quietly took out my phone and took a photo giggling. Gently, I put my stuff down trying not to wake him as I walk into the break room making a coffee for us both. a few minutes pass,Both coffee mugs in my hand. I walk out the break room, Jay still asleep. I stop for a second and admire him until I realized and cursed at myself.

'what the hell y/n, he's your partner. get it together'
..I thought to myself

I walked over to him placing the mug down as i gently tapped her shoulder waking him up. a yawn leaving his mouth.

"y/n..what are you doing here so early?" he asked rubbing his eyes then stretching.

"I could ask you the same thing, but it looks like you didn't even go home." I chuckle a bit

"yeah uh, voight has me working this case. I uh I just can't seem to figure it out." he says gesturing to the file in front of him

"well why didn't you call me, It could've made your job easier and you wouldn't have had to stay the night."

"Yeah well..I didn't wanna disturb you" he says looking down

"Jay. we're partners, thats what we do" I reply grabbing the file. "Here, I'll take over for now. Meanwhile, you go home, change, relax, have breakfast. You've got at least another hour before shift starts."

"no y/n-" he starts until I cut him off with a glare.
he sighs knowing he won't win this one "fine. But my deaths on you if Voight finds out I made his daugther work my case specifically for me" he says picking up his coat as I laugh and hit him with the file saying "yeah yeah, now go on before I change my mind"

"yes m'am" he says.

'it always gives me butterflies when he says that'

"I'll see you later" I smile, watching him walk out of the bullpen.