chapter 1- Where it all went wrong (2)

//

the whole intelligence unit and firehouse 51 were in the waiting room, waiting for results on y/n's surgery.

Boden and Gabby feeling extremely guilty about putting y/n's life in grave danger trying to save a paramedic from 51 who was already dead when she got there. Now y/n also might be because of that.

Jay's feelings overwhelmed him and went up to chief boden cursing at him, blaming him for y/n's situation. everybody looked at him in shock and confusion at the way he's reacting about his 'partner'

"this is all your fault!" Jay yelled pointing at Boden
"You knew she would be going on a suicide mission going in there unprepared! But you still let her! Just to save your paramedic who was already dead! now my partner possibly could die to! cause of your fucking selfish ass!" Jay cursed as everyone looked at him in shock on how he talked to Boden.

But Boden kept quiet, knowing it was his fault. He shouldn't have let her in, It was against every policy ever existed.

With tears in Jay's eyes, He stormed out the waiting room into the benches outside the hospital with his head in his hands. After a while, Kim went after him seeing how he was holding up. "hey.." she said putting a hand on Jay's shoulder. Jay took his head out of his hands and looked into the horizon, tears still in his eyes. a moment of silence until "I can't do this without her kim." he said

as kim looked at him sympathetically "I know, I know. I know it's hard seeing your partner suffer."
she said "but it's not just that kim. I..." he hesitates

"I love her..."

kim in shock just stays quiet. "I love her kim, not in the way a partner should. I care about her, a lot. and..knowing that I might not be able to even tell her how I feel..I just can't." he says tears steaming down his face as he puts his head into his hands again as kim gives him a hug.

//

hours later of waiting in the waiting room, Jay back into his seat. Will came out and took his mask off with a serious face until he reached the first responders when a smile grew on his face.

"she's okay." he said. as everyone sighs in relief,
"When can we see her?" Hank asks "Maybe in a few hours, she's still sedated but after a while she'll be okay to see visitors." he said. a moment of silent

"she's a fighter..if i'm being honest, i didn't think she'd survive. If some else were in her position the percentages of them surviving would be 0. She strong." Will confesses and Hank and Jay nodded

Will gave his brother a pat on the back before walking away after Jay thanking him.

//

~ another few hours go by

I woke up, hearing machines around me beeping. turning to the side, I see Jay's head down on the mattress asleep with my hand in his. I gave it a light squeeze hoping he'd feel it, and he did.

His head shot up "hey.." he said "hey.." y/n said in a low raspy voice "how are you feeling?" he asked
"Like I just got stabbed a million times" I say laughing slightly then wincing at the bruised ribs

"you dumbass." he says which makes me smile "you scared the hell out of me you know that?" he confesses looking me in the eye as I nodded. I could tell he's been crying.

"yeah..i know i'm sorry." he just looked me in the eye and didn't say a word. he just squeezed my hand then looked down before saying something.

"when i..uh..when i saw the building explode and severides call over the radio.." he started "my heart dropped, all i could think about was if you were alright." he said looking me into the eyes not breaking eye contact as i sit up a bit.

"and then when you coded, in the ambulance. My mind went a million miles per hour hearing your heart flatline. it scared the living shit out of me." He looked at the ground blinking tears back from his eyes before sniffling and looking back at me

"but then when you were in the surgery, I realized..what really scared me. was the fact that i could've lost you and not have told you..the way i feel..." i furrowed my eyebrows and said "what do you mean?"

he looked down to the floor before answering "I'm in love with you...y/n..and i can't deny it anymore" he confessed looking me in the eyes as i was in shock.

before i could say anything else our lips connected softly. Something i wanted to do for so long, we had a long and soft kiss until we pulled apart and looked into eachothers eyes. as we were about to kiss again voight walked in.

"hey hun, how you feeling?" voight asks walking towards my bed

"hey dad..I feel like I got stabbed a million times" i say as i wince "um do you know when i'd be able to go back to work?" Voight chuckles. "You nearly died doing your job and that's what you ask?" "well technically i wasn't doing my job, i was doing a paramedics job and i'm not a paramedic am i?"
I defended myself

"but your job is to help people y/n, even if it means putting yourself in danger" voight says as he glances to Jay seeing how her hands are in both his hands.
once y/n and Jay noticed they pulled apart.

"well, get well kiddo. your desk will still be there waiting for you. i promise i'll keep you updated" he said as he kisses my forehead

"thank you dad." i say as i smile slightly. as he walks out the room. "you think he saw that?" he asks talking about the kiss "ehh 50/50 chance, if he doesn't try to make your life a living hell by the time u walk out of this room then no" she jokes smiling at him. "ha-ha." he sarcastically laughs as he pulls in for another kiss. but this time a deeper and passionate one.

his phone then beeps "ugh, duty calls" he groans and y/n laughs "go on pretty boy, go save some lives." she says while smiling. Jays stomach fluttering with butterflies from that nickname. "i'll see you later" he says smiling kissing her one more time before he leaves.

 "i'll see you later" he says smiling kissing her one more time before he leaves