Chapter 2- Back at it

~~
1 week later

~~

"hey hey, look who's back!!" Kevin yelled as I walked into the bullpen "Hey...Grey! nice to see you" I smiled as Adam exclaimed "Surprisingly, I feel the same" I joked walking to my desk "hey, you sure you ready?" Jay asked when I got to my desk "Jay..Im done staring at my ceiling." I said and he just chuckles and nodds. I walk into the breakroom and grab myself a coffee until I felt a hand on my hip for a second before letting go. "Please." He said putting out his mug, I smiled and poured him a cup. He then walked closer grabbing my waist gently, pulling me closer. "You know, I wouldn't mind waking up to you everyday." He smirked, getting closer. I was about to give in before pulling away "Not here.." I whispered smirking and Jay groans. "Halstead, Grey. My office." Voight then said at the doorframe, We both furrowed our brows and looking at eachother before walking to voights office.

"You wanted to see us?" I said shutting the door "Okay, Im gonna give you one chance to come clean. What's going on between you too." He said firmly "I-" I began "One chance y/n." He reminded and I hesitated to answer, I then looked at Jay and he nodded. "Fine, me and Jay have been...seeing eachother." It was quiet for a minute "Sarge I promise you, me and y/n's relationship will not interfere with our duty. I swear to you." Jay reasssured him, Hank then nodded. "are we free to go?" I asked and he nodded again " But Jay, If you hurt her. In any way shape or form, you'll wish you never even laid hands on her." Hank threatened "That's the last thing I'd ever wanna do sarge, trust me." He said and I smiled. We both walked out, before we could reach our desks he stopped. "does this mean we dont have to hide us anymore?" he asked and I nodded "So I can just kiss you? like..right now?" And I nodded once again and he pulled me by the waist and kissed me deeply. Once we broke the kiss I bit my bottom lip smirking. But once we both turned, we see all the detectives looking towards us. Frozen. eyes wide. Antonio's donut falling out of his mouth. "What? It's not like you guys didnt see it coming, Right Adam?"
"y-yeah uh totally.." He said as we both laughed and went back to our desks.

//

I was sitting at my desk lightly chewing on the back of my pen, I didn't even realized i was zoned out and bouncing my leg up and down quick and harshly. until i felt a hand on my shoulder and i quickly jumped.

"woah woah, you okay there y/n?" Adam asked

"y-yeah, sorry...just a little jumpy" I said and he nodded "did you need anything?" I asked

"no, well..actually i was wondering, If i could crash at yours for a couple days?" He said

"can i ask why?"

"umm..don't laugh but, I saw a few rats run past my kitchen floor and it kinda freaked me out, i called an exterminator to get rid of them but it'll take a while." He admitted

I started laughing "adam...seriously?"

"so is that a yes or no?" He asked

"what kind of friend would i be if i said no" I said smiling

"Your the best, thanks" he said kissing my cheek

"I saw that" Jay interrupted glaring at adam playfully "it was meant for you to see" Adam joked
"watch it ruzek" he said back and i chuckled throwing a paper ball at jay

"alright listen up." Voight said walking out of his room as he stuck up photos of multiple people on the board "Allison and Maryn Garner, 19 year old twins sisters, one murdered and the other abducted. still not found." he said pointing to the photo of two twin sisters "and this..this is Angie morales, lead homocide detective of this case, she has also been abducted. Story is, The two twins house was broken into around 10pm last saturday, one died fighting the attacker and the other was abducted and held hostage. They figured that there were two people involved in this break in and murder and that this was planned. After morales figured out the accomplice, on her way to arrest him. She went missing, leaving her notebook and the rest of her evidence behind. her fiancé Jaxon miller is asking for our help to locate the one responsible and bring back Angie and Allison...Alive."