V0 E0: Prologue

General POV

Andy woke up with a start he thought he had overslept.....again, he had been accepted into a Pilot School for Grade 11 and 12 that had no Tuition Fee.

(It's Government sponsored and that's what my parents told me)

Now this was the second time he had overslept.....and admittedly he only overslept the first time...because it was the first weekend....this time it was Monday.

But Andy noticed something odd...he wasn't in his room....he was in the middle of a forest.....so reasonably he started panicking.

Andy: "Oh shit!" he said, "Where the fuck am I?! Is this some kind of prank?! What kind of fucking prank is this?!"

As he panicked, he reeked of negative emotions so the next second...he heard a reasonably loud growling noise.

Andy slowly turned to see a Beowulf breathing down on him.

Andy: "Oh.....hi..." he said, nervously.

The Beowulf simply roared at him causing to scream and start running. The Filipino looked back to see the thing gaining on him so he grabbed a stick and tried desperately to fight the thing off.....admittedly with Star Wars Sequel levels of skill.

Andy: "Gah! Get away damn it!" he yelled, "God I'm really rusty with a staff!"

The Beowulf finally had the teen pinned, biting down on the stick and forcing Andy to the ground, the wooden stick started to crack so Andy got ready for the inevitable...before 5 gunshots killed the thing.

As it disintegrated Andy turned to see a familiar face approach with a smoking gun in his hand.

Alex: "Well well well, if it isn't my good friend kweebs." he said, "You good?"

Alex reached his hand out to Andy who was frozen in shock. But after a minute the Filipino's hand reached out and grabbed the American's as he was pulled up to his feet.

Andy: "dH..holy crap is it good to see you." he said thankfully, "But....where the hell are we???"

Alex shrugged and offered Andy a pistol that had a mini bayonet on it.

Andy: "Well, I guess I can count on you to have a gun." he joked.

Alex: "Indeed you can." he said, giving the Filipino some ammo, "So how'd you get here?"

Andy: "I dunno man, I was sleeping soundly in my dorm after reading a book about a man behind enemy lines after being shot down." he said, "Next thing I know I'm waking up here, I panic and negative emotion attracts the Grimm so that Beowulf attacked me, you?"

Alex: "Was doing some exercises round my house and took a break, I was gonna pick up a stone near me when I started glowing and fading out of existence," he explained, "my consciousness left me and I wake up here, all of a sudden I hear your ass yelling so I came over and saved ya."

Andy nodded and the duo of teens sat down as they assessed their situation, of course at this moment a fly flew into view so Andy started swatting and accidentally performed the gesture which, in Ready Player One, opens up your inventory.

This caused a blue, translucent screen similar in style to the Oasis Inventory thing appears his username 'kuwebby2' up above in the US Navy font.

On it, was a question: Do you wanna be a Gamer? Yes/No. Andy's surprised expression caught Alex's eye before he spoke.

Alex: "So I'm assuming you also got a gamer menu." he said.

Andy: "Yup, you got the same question?" he asked.