Dr. JerkFace & Why Doctors Need to be Considerate of Spoonies.

I was officially diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in September, although I'd been battling it for 3 months already, and was scheduled for a rheumatologist appointment on Monday October 6, 2014. That Sunday night I felt like I was running a fever but shrugged it off and told myself I was nervous.

I woke up numerous times in the night feeling awful. My body ached and I struggle to sit up, I knew something was wrong so I forced myself down my bunk-bed ladder and headed towards my living room planning on getting my mother.

I didn't make it. I couldn't make it.

The farthest I went was my kitchen sink, there I clung to it with my shaky hands as my body felt like it could collapse on the floor.

I called out to my mom and didn't even recognize my own voice. It came out like a child that had just woke up from a nightmare, and that's exactly how I felt; trapped in a nightmare.

I went to the hospital three times. But one specific time will always stick with me (mostly because I wanted to punch the doctor in the face).

Here I lied, on a hospital bed wanting to cry every time I breathed and this doctor comes after about an hour of waiting... When this doctor asked me what hurts I responded with the truth. Everything.

You know what Dr. Jerk said "Does your nose hurt?" I responded with a weak "no" thinking "No, but yours will if you don't shut up." And then he proceeded to ask me what exactly hurt.

I wanted to cry. I really wanted to cry but my grandmother was there and I'm not one to cry in front of others. The doctor was making things worse!

He was way to hyper, he blabbed about nothingness, and he pretty much made fun of me and my vague answers.

If I saw that doctor today the only reason I wouldn't punch him in the nose and yell "My nose didn't hurt but now yours does!" Would be because I would get in a lot of trouble with my parents.

Doctors seriously need to be considerate to spoonies.