Part 2

May 18, 2013
He smiles as he watches her lay on her back in their bed with her left hand extended in the air as she inspects the ring he slipped on her ring finger just five days ago. He slides under the covers next to her and rests his head on her shoulder as he wraps his arms around her waist, "What are you doing?" He ponders, even though he doesn't need an answer. She provides one anyways, "I love my ring so much. I love you so much." She smiles before turning her head to kiss his lips.
"I love you too. I'm glad you like your ring." "Babe, it's so gorgeous." "Just like the woman wearing it." He says. She chuckles looking at him before wrapping her arms around him and rolling them until he's on his back and she's laying stretched out on top of him. Her hair creates a curtain over them, "When do you plan on making me your wife?" She asks. His hand reaches up to brush her curls behind her ear, "Whenever you want, my love." He answers her. She kisses him again before sitting up so that she's straddling him.
His hands find their resting place on her hips while he looks up at her, "I don't want a long engagement. I'd like for us to be husband and wife before the year is over." She tells him, "Oh yeah?" He asks as he props himself up on his elbows. She nods, "And, if it's not too much to ask, it was important to both of my parents that I get married "properly."" She says using air quotes around the last word. He sits up fully now and wraps his arms around her waist while hers wrap around his neck.
"What does "properly" mean?" "Well, it was more important to my mom than my dad, but they always wanted me to have a traditional Catholic wedding. Like they did." She says, "Are we allowed to? Neither of us are devout." He says, "Well, I am technically a practicing, baptized Catholic." She says and he nods, "Looks like we're having a Catholic wedding." He says. Her smile beams through her eyes, "Really?" She asks and he nods which earns him a kiss, "Thank you." "Always. I know how important it must've been to your mom after some of the stories you've told me."
"Yeah. And it only has to be for the ceremony. We don't have to have a Catholic reception. I was thinking we could do it at St. Patrick's Cathedral on 5th Avenue. That's where my parents had their wedding and where I was baptized." She says, "Sounds perfect. You know, something about a cathedral screams winter wedding to me." He says. "Really? Like December?" She asks and he nods, "It would be snowing. It would be beautiful." He says. She leans over and grabs her phone off of its charger before scrolling through it, "December 1st is on a Sunday." She says.
He takes her phone and places it back on the nightstand before rolling her beneath him, "Looks like November 30th will be your last day as a Beckett." He teases before leaning down and kissing her. She giggles against his lips, "December 1st, 2013." She says, "The day I officially make you a Castle." He says. For some reason, the thought brings tears to her eyes, "I've wanted to be one for awhile." She admits. He leans down and kisses her again, "Where do you want to hold the reception?" She asks, "I can rent out one of the rooms at the rooftop where we first met." He says.
She nods, "Perfect. That way it's inside and we can keep it small and intimate even though the ceremony is in a cathedral." She says. He takes her left hand from around his neck and looks at her ring, "Less than seven months to plan a wedding. Think we can do it?" He asks, "We've caught murderers in less than seven hours. I think we're going to plan the wedding of the century given seven months." She says, "It'll be the best day of my life. Besides Alexis' birth and the birth of our kids." He says.
She smiles, "Let's worry about getting down the aisle before we worry about getting to a hospital room." She states. He nods and kisses her again. No other words are said the rest of the night as they celebrate the unspoken promise that they'll meet each other at the altar on December 1st, 2013.
Okay, so I originally had a May wedding planned for these two, but I came up with a winter wedding and different plot for this story. Let me know what you think please! Also, some chapters will be shorter than others depending on what's being planned.