Part 8

December 1, 2013
The Wedding Part 1
The sun filtered into Lanie's guest bedroom at 7:00 the morning of her wedding and as she stretched, she couldn't help her smile. Today is her wedding day — the day her and her writer have been waiting for for what feels like and eternity. Kate spent last night at Lanie's apartment so she and Rick wouldn't see each other until the ceremony. Martha, Alexis, and Jenny are going to meet them around 9:30 at the church to begin getting ready. She rolls out of bed and makes her way to the shower.
She washes her hair, face, and body and then makes sure to shave before stepping out of the shower where she puts on a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants before brushing and hair and her teeth. In the kitchen, Lanie has prepared them both a bowl of oatmeal with some fruit, "Hey girl! You excited?" Lanie asks. Beckett smiles as she sits and nods enthusiastically, "I've been waiting for this day for a long day." Beckett says, "I bet you've been waiting for tonight even longer." Her best friend teases. Beckett rolls her eyes and shakes her head.
Even though she acts annoyed with her best friend's comment, she would be lying if she said she hasn't thought about tonight at all. The past six weeks have been interesting and challenging, but it also made the anticipation for tonight even more exciting. The women enjoy their breakfast and then gather all of the things they'll need to get ready. Kate texts Alexis to inform her and Martha that they're on their way to the church to get ready.

The Loft:
"Gram! You ready to go?" Alexis calls up the stairs as Castle exits the master bedroom, "Go?" He asks.
Alexis chuckles and rolls her eyes at her half awake father, "To the church. Beckett and Lanie are on their way there now, so Gram and I have to pick up Jenny and meet them there." Alexis explains to her father, "Oh, maybe I should escort you two. Make sure you get there safely." Castle says, but Alexis shakes her head, "Dad, you know how important it is to Beckett that you don't see each other until she's walking down the aisle." Alexis reminds him, "But is it really bad luck if she isn't in her dress yet?"
"I'm ready, Alexis!" Martha announces as she makes her way downstairs. Alexis smiles and kisses her father's cheek, "We'll see later, Dad." Alexis says as she and Martha exit the loft, "That's so not fair!" He yells as the door shuts behind them. He sighs as he grabs his phone:
Rick: Do you really think it's necessary to not see each other until 2:30?
Kate: You having trouble being patient, Kitten?
Rick: I waited four years for this day. Believe me, I know all about patience.
Kate: The boys and my dad will be there soon to get ready. Time will fly by.
Rick: I just want to see you already.
Kate: I want to see you too. Just a couple more hours and then we're each other's for life.
Rick: Sounds perfect to me.
Kate: I love you.
Rick: Always.

St. Patrick's Cathedral Dressing Room:
      "Kate, the ladies are here!" Lanie exclaims as Martha, Alexis, and Jenny walk in. "Hi." Kate smiles as she hugs the women, "How're you feeling this morning, Katherine?" Martha asks her future daughter-in-law, "Excited and so ready." She says excitedly. The women smile, "Okay, Alexis why don't we start on your hair and makeup and then we'll rotate?" Jenny asks. The women nod and Alexis takes a seat while Jenny begins curling the redhead's hair and Lanie starts on her hair, "Katherine, darling, can I speak to you for a moment?" Martha asks. Kate nods and follows her mother-in-law-to-be into the hallway. Martha physically takes a deep breath before beginning her speech, "I just wanted to tell you how excited and happy I am that Richard has finally found the woman for him. I've watched my son go through some very rough times and love the wrong people."
Tears fill Kate's eyes as she thinks of her fiancé's past struggles with love, "And I just want to thank you for making him so very happy. He has never beamed about someone, besides Alexis, the way he does you. And I wanted to give you a token of my appreciation with your something borrowed." Martha passes the bride a jewelry box. Beckett opens the jewelry box and gasps when she sees the sapphire earrings inside, "Martha, they're stunning." Kate says as she hugs the older woman, "They're going to look exquisite on you, dear." Martha tells the brunette detective.
Beckett wipes her eyes as she thanks Martha one last time and the women go back into the room. As they walk back in, Jenny is securing some of Alexis' curls into a clip so they stay out of her face while Lanie puts the finishing touches on her makeup.