Part 20

April 1, 2014 — Castle's 45th Birthday
23 weeks 3 days pregnant
Beckett woke up earlier than her husband this morning. She purposely turned his alarm off so that he would sleep in which would give her enough time to prepare him a smorelette to celebrate his birthday. She already surprised him a little bit yesterday when she told him that she'd requested the day off of work. Today, she's making him breakfast and then they're meeting Alexis at a cafe near her psychology lecture hall so that the redhead can see her father on his birthday.
What Castle doesn't know is that tonight, Beckett rented out a back room at Le Cirque where all of their family and closest friends will be waiting to celebrate Castle's birthday with them and the later, when they got home, she'd model her first piece of maternity lingerie. "Good morning, darling." Martha greets her daughter-in-law as she descends the stairs, "Morning Martha." Kate responds before turning the stove off and slipping the omelette concoction onto the plate, "What are you cooking, dear?" Martha asks, but before Beckett can answer, Castle appears in their bedroom doorway. "I smell egg and chocolate which can only mean one thing." He says.
Martha says a quick "uh oh" before she and her son sat in unison, "Smorelette." Castle quickens his pace to the kitchen to get his hands on the breakfast dish. "Happy birthday, babe." Beckett smiles as she hands him the plate. He presses a kiss to her cheek and beams with gratitude, "Thank you, beautiful. Want me to make you your oatmeal and pineapple before I eat?" He asks. She shakes her head, "Sit and eat your birthday breakfast." She insists as she begins working on her own breakfast by making her oatmeal with vanilla and banana in one bowl and pineapple with cool whip in another bowl.
Once her two breakfasts are ready, she sits next to her husband at the bar. "Richard, dear, really I don't know how you eat those things." Martha criticizes, "Do you see what's in your daughter-in-law's bowls?" "She's pregnant. What's your excuse?" "Sympathy symptoms?" He tries to play off. His mother pays his arm with a newspaper before kissing his cheek, "Happy birthday, kiddo. I've got a class. Ta ta!" She says and waves her hand while making her way to the front door.
Once they're alone, Castle turns to his wife and places a kiss to her lips. "I appreciate the breakfast, but I was hoping we could start the morning with some lazy birthday sex." He teases her and chuckles when he sees the blush creep up to her cheeks. "You'll just have to be patient, birthday boy." Beckett tells him. He chuckles. She reaches behind the bar and grabs a small gift bag, "Happy birthday, Daddy. This one's from the baby." She tells him. He pulls out a t-shirt that looks like it's a cavalier vest and says DAD across it.
He then pulls out a small onesie that looks similar to the shirt but says BABY on it. Rick smiles, "I love it. Thank you." He kisses her again. "And thank you, baby girl." He adds placing his hand on his wife's bump then leaning down to press his lips right above her bellybutton. A few seconds after he pulls away, he feels something tumble under his hand before a swift force meets his palm. His eyes lock with Kate's. "Was that -? Did she just -?" He asks, "She kicked!" Beckett exclaims as tears fill his eyes, "Was that her first kick?" He asks in excitement.
Beckett nods, "I've felt her tumble around, but no definitive kicks. She just kicked, Rick!" She yells again before pulls him down for a kiss, "Good job, baby girl." Rick says once he leans back down to her bump. He stands back up and wraps his arms around his wife as he kisses her cheek, "I can't believe she's kicking." Beckett says, "I know. Just think, in 17 weeks we'll be meeting her." Rick says and she nods, "I can't wait for her to finally be here." "Don't wish it too much because it goes so fast."
Later that evening, Beckett is dressed in an off-the-shoulder, emerald green fitted number that shows off her bump perfectly as her curls are pulled back in a fancy bun. Rick is in a suit with the collar unbuttoned just like he knows his wife loves. "Mr. and Mrs. Castle, I have reserved a table in the back for more romance. Please follow me." Their host tells them. Castle extends his hand which Beckett grabs as they walk towards the back of the resturant. They reach the room and walk in when the lights are turned on.
"SURPRISE!" Everyone yells. Castle steps back a little stunned at the situation before smiling and turning to his wife, "You planned this?" She bites her lip and nods. He pulls her in for a hug and a sweet peck, "I love you." He whispers, "I love you too. Happy birthday." She tells him. They walk around the room to greet everyone. "Girl! Look at you and your bump." Lanie says giddily as she looks at her best friend. Beckett blushes and runs her hand down her swollen abdomen. "This looks good on you." Lanie tells her. "Pregnancy?" Beckett asks stunned.
"Happiness." Lanie corrects her. She feels Castle step up behind her, "Speaking of happiness, should we share the happy news where everyone?" He asks his wife. "Are you sure? This is your party, Castle." "And I want to spend it sharing the joyous news of our baby with everyone." He assures her, "Do the honors, Daddy." Beckett tells him. He smiles and grabs her hand, "Everyone, I just want to thank you all for coming and I want to thank my extraordinary wife for throwing me this amazing party. That being said, Kate and I have something we want to share."
"Let me guess: she's pregnant!" Esposito calls out which earns him a slap to the arm from Lanie. "Well, yes, Kate is pregnant. But we wanted to share with you all that Kate is pregnant with a baby girl. We're adding another daughter to our family." He announces and everyone cheers before pulling them in for hugs and congratulations. They get all kinds of advice and name suggestions from the guests as the dinner continues, but around 11:00 Castle can see his wife grow uncomfortable at the venue and decides it's time to go home.
They're in the back of the car when she slips her heels off and moans in relief, "My feet and ankles are so swollen." She says in a bit of whiny tone. "Would you like a massage when we get home?" He offers. She smiles, "You're sweet, but today is your birthday and I had other plans for tonight. But I'll definitely take you up on that offer." She tells him before winking. When they make it to the loft, they rush upstairs and Kate locks herself in the bathroom to change into the lacy black babydoll that accents her bump.
She lets her bun out and doesn't even bother fixing her wild curls before opening the door and finding her husband stretched out on his side of the bed staring at her in complete awe. She walks over to the bed and straddles his lap while his hands rest on her waist, "What do you think?" "You're so hot." He tells her. She giggles and leans down to press kisses down his cheek and to his neck, "Happy birthday, Castle." She whispers in his ear and pulls the lobe between her teeth. Happy birthday indeed he thinks as she descends down his body.
Part 20! Baby girl's name will be revealed next update! Comment what you think it is! Here's a hint: her initials will be AJC!