Part 3

June 1, 2013
183 days until the wedding
     Beckett exits their bedroom as she straps her watch to her wrist where she finds Castle sitting at the bar staring at something, "Castle, did Gina send your manuscript back?" She asks, "Huh? Oh, no, our save-the-date cards came in. What do you think?" He asks as he shows her the cards. The ruffled edges encapsule a beautiful font with their wedding date and names. "They look good." She says. He nods and placed the card down, "So, what's on the agenda today?" He asks as he reaches behind him to wrap his arm around her waist.
      "Dress shopping." She says, "Oh? Do I get to see this dress?" He asks, "Of course." "Really?" "Mhm. On December 1st later this year when we meet under the altar." She teases him, "You're a cruel woman, Katherine Beckett." He sighs as she moves to pour herself a cup of coffee, "Well, maybe Katherine Castle will be kinder." She smirks. Martha and Alexis soon join the couple, "Katherine, darling, are you excited for today?" Martha asks her future daughter-in-law. "Yes, I am. Alexis, my maid-of-honor, are you excited?" The brunette asks.
      The redhead smiles brightly and nods. Kate remembers the day she asked Alexis, Lanie, and Jenny to be in her wedding party:
*Flashback to last Saturday*
The women had met at a small café for brunch. They all sipped mimosas while Alexis enjoys plain orange juice. "So, ladies, I asked you here today to form my wedding party." Kate says. The three ladies perk up in their seats, "Jenny, I was wondering if you'd be my matron-of-honor? I'd really appreciate your guidance through this all." Kate asks and the blonde smiles, "Of course, Kate." Jenny says.
     "Now, for my maid-of-honor, Lanie you're my best friend and I love you, but I feel it's only right if Alexis is my maid-of-honor." Kate says. She notices as the redhead's jaw drops and eyes widen. Beckett looks at her best friend to gage her reaction. Lanie is smiling and nodding, "If you didn't choose her to be your maid-of-honor, I would've smacked you." Lanie says as the women laugh. The detective looks to her future stepdaughter, "What ya say?" She asks. Alexis finally smiles and nods, "Yes, of course." Alexis hugs the woman.
*End Flashback*
     Since that day, the two women have grown closer as Kate has asked for Alexis' opinion on the wedding. The loft buzzer buzzes, "That's Lanie and Jenny." She says as she grabs her travel cup, "Have fun." Castle says as he walks the women to the door, "You'll send out those save-the-dates?" Beckett asks after sharing a kiss with her fiancé, "Yes, dear, I will." He responds. Kate smiles as she follows Martha and Alexis downstairs where Lanie and Jenny are waiting in a car for them. It's not long before they make it to the boutique.
     "Hi. I'm Emily. Whose the bride?" The short redhead asks. Beckett steps forward, "Hi, I'm Kate." They all follow the consultant back to one of the sitting areas. Martha, Alexis, Lanie, and Jenny sit while Emily brings Kate back to begin looking at dresses, "So, tell me about your wedding and the dress style you have in mind." She says, "I'm getting married in December at St. Patrick's Cathedral. I would prefer long sleeve. I want something elegant but still makes me feel confident." Beckett explains, "Alright. I have a couple of dresses in mind. Let me pull them and bring them back."
     Beckett strips to her underwear and wraps the robe the boutique provides around herself. Emily soon comes back with three dresses. The first one Beckett tries on is covered in lace with a sweetheart neckline and a flared skirt that is removable. When Beckett models the dress for the four women she brought with her, they agree that the dress is beautiful, but not fully Kate. The second dress has the entourage divided. Martha and Jenny love it while Lanie and Alexis think there is another dress better for Beckett. The dress is plain white with a modest neckline.
     The only design are the lace sleeves. Beckett agrees with her maid-of-honor and bridesmaid that, while the dress is elegant and holds a Beckett-like quality, it's not exactly what she's looking for. However, the third dress is everyone Kate has ever wanted. The whole dress is covered in lace and it has a sweetheart neckline. The back is bare except for some lace patterns that still leave chunks of her back visible. And the sleeves, they're a pattern she's never seen before. The train of the dress seems never ending. To Kate, it's perfect.
     Beckett walks out to show the girls the dress and they all have the same reaction: a gasp. "Katherine." Martha lets out while the detective steps up on the pedestal. "Kate, dad is going to collapse when he sees you in that dress." Alexis says. She chuckles, "Alexis is right, girl. That's your dress." Lanie agrees and Jenny just nods. "Kate, how do you feel about the dress?" Emily asks. Beckett looks at herself from head-to-toe in the dress before nodding, "This is it." She smiles. The women cheer and take turns hugging the future bride in her dress.
     Beckett goes back to change and Emily puts the dress in the back for alterations before going to grab dresses for Beckett's wedding party to try on. Kate had told the consultant that she wanted the dresses to have a similar elegance to hers and to be modest so that Castle wouldn't have a heart attack since Alexis is still only nineteen. She also mentioned that she wanted red dresses to go with their winter wedding. It doesn't take long for the women and Beckett to fall in love with red, floor length dresses that have one strap and show off all of their figures nicely while containing all of their assets.
     After purchasing the girls' dresses and putting in the first payment on her dress, the women make their way out for lunch. Just one step closer to the big day.
Part 3! Comment please! Here are some picture references for the Save-the-Date cards, Beckett's dress, and the bridal party dresses:
Save-the-Date: