Part 6

October 19, 2013
43 days until the wedding
     "Lanie, why are we here?" Beckett asks as they walk through the doors of Victoria's Secret. "Honeymoon lingerie! Plus you need something to spice up tonight since you and Writer Boy won't be doing the dirty for six weeks starting tomorrow." Lanie explains. The real motive behind whisking her best friend away was on behalf of her best friend's fiancé. Castle had texted her on Wednesday asking if she could make plans with his future bride while he prepared a romantic evening for them. Not only is their last night having sex before the wedding, it's also the night he's going to tell Kate where he's taking her for their honeymoon.
     "I think we're good in that department." Kate tells her bridesmaid, "Oh, everyone needs some spicing up every once in awhile. Come on! Let's start with something for tonight." Lanie insists. Beckett rolls her eyes, but soon follows the medical examiner and begins looking at some sets. After settling on a red, lace-up teddy, the women move onto finding something for the couple's wedding night. "Oh! What about this one?" Lanie asks as she holds up a white lace bra and pantie set.
     "I don't know if I have enough to fill that and make it look sexy." Beckett says. She doesn't know where the wave of self consciousness comes from, but it suddenly hits hard. "Kate, you know that man loves you no matter what." Lanie tells her. And she does know that. He tells her, shows her in every way possible. "I know, but sometimes I wonder if he ever wishes that I'd be bigger in that area." Beckett voices her insecurities. "Honey, he doesn't. He's not that shallow. Maybe he was when we first met him, but he's not that way anymore. Castle worships you. I can see it in the way he looks at you." Lanie assures her.
     Beckett nods and looks past her friend, "How about that one?" She asks motioning towards the simple white babydoll set. "Perfect. Let's check out and get you home so you can be ravished by your man." Lanie says. Beckett rolls her eyes again, "You're way too interested in my sex life." Beckett jokes, "Hey, I'm going through a dry spell." Lanie admits, "Call Javi." The brunette suggests, "I would but everytime after he gives me that look and starts the relationship conversation."
     "You don't want a relationship with him?" Beckett asks as she pays for the sets, "I do, but after last time, I just don't know if I could go through that again. If we get back together and it doesn't work out, then that's it." Lanie shrugs. The women exit the store, "What if you get back together and it does work out?" Kate asks, "I don't think I'm ready for that yet." Lanie confesses, "This coming from the woman that basically begged me to sleep with Castle for eleven months before I finally did." Beckett points out.
     "Hey, you needed it. My dry spell hasn't reached the length of yours yet." Lanie says. Beckett chuckles, "Yeah, seventeen months was a bit of a stretch. But, it did make my first time with Castle even better." She says, "I think that's the dirtiest thing about your sex life you've ever told me." Lanie says, "I'm not doing to divulge every little detail of what Castle and I do every night." Beckett argues, "Every night!? No wonder you were walking funny when you got back from your suspension." Lanie teases. Beckett smacks her arm, "You know what I meant." Beckett says.
     She returns to the loft and is surprised when she finds all of the lights dimmed and candles lit everywhere along with rose petals and a home cooked meal for them. She feels him step up behind her and she closes her eyes when he presses his lips to her neck. His arms wrap around her waist, "Hi." He says. She opens her eyes and takes in the sight again, "What is this? You know you already proposed, right?" She asks. He chuckles and turns her around in his arms. Her arms wrap around his neck while his hand moves her curls to kiss her collarbone and up her neck.
     "I wanted to make our last night together before the wedding special. And, I have a surprise for you." He admits when he pulls back. "Oh yeah?" She asks before he leans down and kisses her lips, "Yeah." "Well, I have surprise for you too. And, it has something to do with this bag." She dangles the bag from between her fingers as she brings it between their bodies. Rick catches sight of the logo and looks at her with wide eyes, "I'm going to go slip into it. Be back soon." She promises.
     She puts on the red piece and ties her black silk robe over it before joining her fiancé in the kitchen where they eat the herb grilled salmon, sun dried tomatoes, asparagus, and rice he prepared for them. "What's my surprise?" She asks. He chuckles and pulls a folded piece of paper out of his pocket before sliding it towards her. She sets her fork down and opens it, "What is this?" She asks, "That, my love, is our honeymoon." He says. "An AirBNB on the..." She trails off and looks up at him.
     "Almafi Coast? We're going to Italy?" She asks in pure shock. He smiles and nods, "From December 3 - December 17, we will explore Italia." He says. She shrieks before they both stand and she wraps her arms around him. She pulls him down for a passionate kiss, "We're going to Italy?" She asks and he nods, "We're going to Italy." He confirms. She pulls him down for another kiss, "I love you. I can't wait to explore the coast with you." She smiles, "I can't wait to have two full weeks of you to myself." He tells her.
     "Nothing to do but explore, sunbathe, and..." She trails off as the mood changes quickly. He leans down and kisses her before pulling back and staring into her eyes while she undoes the tie on her robe. His eyes roam her body when the material drops to the floor, "Kate." He gasps. She pulls him down to her, "Six weeks won't be too hard, right?" She asks when they break apart. He shakes his head, "We'll make it work." He promises. No other words are said for the night after he lifts her in his arms, carries her to their room, and deposits her on the bed.
Part 6! Comment please! The AirBNB name is the "Belvedere Luxury Residence, Atrani (Almafi Coast)" if you guys want to look it up and look at pictures. It's beautiful!