Part 5

August 3, 2013
120 days until the wedding
He leans against the bathroom doorway as he watches her curl her hair. Today is her bridal shower and he knows she's excited. He thought it was cute how giddy she gets at the thought of anything with their wedding. She turns when she notices him and smiles, "Hey, what are you doing?" She asks, "Nothing, just watching this really beautiful woman do her hair." He answers. She blushes as she fixes a few pieces while he wraps his arms around her from behind. "What's that?" She asks when she notices him holding something.
     "Oh, it's our invitations. What do you think?" He shows her the card. She reads over it and smiles, "It's perfect." She tells him, "I'm glad you like it." "120 days. You ready?" She asks, "I was ready four years ago, Kate." He insists, "No, you were ready to sleep with me four years ago." She corrects him. His hands slide down and squeeze her ass, "I'm always ready for that." He whispers in her ear before kissing down her neck. She giggles which soon turns into a sigh of pleasure, "Castle, I can't show up to my bridal shower with hickeys."
     "Isn't the point to celebrate our marriage? I think people would know where they're coming from." He insists before returning to work on her neck. She rolls her eyes before lightly pushing him off of her, "You're going to have to learn to control yourself if we can't have sex for six weeks." She reminds him, "Are you really going to stay at your apartment for six weeks?" He asks, "How about this? I'll spend the first week here and if we can prove to control ourselves, then I'll stay here." She compromises with him.
     "And if we can't?" "Then I'll stay at my place and see you at the end of the aisle." She teases him. He sighs and pulls her back to him. "Castle, this is important to me." She tells him, "I know, but I don't sleep well without you next to me." He whines, "Then I suggest you learn to keep yourself controlled." She teases. He leans down and kisses her lips, "You'll have to be just as contained as me." He reminds her, "I think I'll be okay." She laughs. "Mhm. We'll see." He says. She kisses him one more time.
      "I've gotta go. I'll see you later?" She asks. He smiles and nods, "Go have fun." He tells her. "I love you." She says before kissing him one more time. "Always." He says. She meets Martha and Alexis in the living room and the women make their way downstairs where a car is waiting to take them to Kate's bridal shower. When they arrive, Beckett is stunned by the room. There are floral prints everywhere and a buffet of sandwiches and other finger foods. Kate makes herself busy by greeting her guests and socializing with family she hasn't seen in awhile.
     It's not long before they get into the first game: Bride or Groom. There are a series of statements and the guests must determine if the trait belongs to the bride or groom:
1) Who made the first move? - Groom
2) Most likely to apologize after a fight? - Groom
3) Who snores the loudest? - Groom
4) Who owns the most clothes? - Bride
5) Takes the longest shower? - Bride
6) Who will cry on the big day? - Both
7) Who likes to sleep the most? - Groom
8) Who spends the most money? - Groom
9) Who does the most cleaning? - Groom
10) Who is the better driver? - Bride
11) Who had the better grades in school? - Bride
12) Who is most likely to be on time? - Bride
13) Who is the better cook? - Groom
14) Who is more patient? - Groom
15) Who said 'I love you' first? - Groom
     No one is super shocked when Alexis wins the game seeing as she has lived with Castle her whole life and has been around for a majority of his relationship with Beckett. They play a few more games before they all get food and sit to eat. After eating, it's time for Kate to open gifts. Her first gift is from Captain Gates. It's a collection of wine for different firsts: 'First Christmas', 'First Anniversary', 'First Baby', 'First Pet', and 'First House'. Her heart stutters when she reads the label on the third bottle, but she smiles and thanks her boss before opening her gift from Lanie. Lanie got her a white, silk robe with 'BRIDE' on the back in rhinestones, "I also got ones for Alexis, Jenny, and I to wear while we're getting ready." Lanie informs her, "I love it, Lane. Thank you." The brunette smiles as she hugs her best friend.
     She opens several more gifts, all of which are lovely and make her smile. She thanks all of her guests as they leave and then she, Martha, Jenny, and Alexis help Lanie clean up before she and the two redheads make their way back to the loft. Later in bed, Beckett brings up the subject that made her heart stutter, "So, Captain Gates gave us a wine collection as our gift." Kate says, "Really? That was nice of her." Rick says. She can tell he's a little confused on why she randomly brought the topic up.
     "Well, it's a collection of wine for our firsts as a couple. And one of them is for our first baby." She says. That's when it hits him. He sits up and looks at her, "Kate, we don't have to talk about it if you aren't comfortable with it." He tells her, "I do want to talk about it though." She insists. He nods, "Okay. What are your thoughts on it?" He asks. She bites her lip, but he can see a small smile on her face, "You know, the idea used to terrify me." She admits, but then she looks at him.
     "But, I think I want it with you." She tells him, "Really?" He smiles and she nods, "Yeah, I think it would be kind of cool to create a tiny human with you, one day." She says, "Just one?" He asks. She chuckles, "Let's see how the first one goes and we'll go from there. Deal?" She asks. He pulls her down in their bed and climbs on top of her. He moves her hair out of her face and nods, "Deal." Then he presses his mouth to hers in a deep kiss and they nothing else for the rest of the night.
Part 5! Wedding day is getting closer and closer! Here are the wedding invitations:

Let me know what you think in the comments please!