I̟n̟t̟o̟ t̟h̟e̟ L̟e̟a̟g̟u̟e̟s̟

Kehlani woke up with a groan, hearing her alarm beside her. She shut it off and sat up in her bed. The clock read 7 am. She stretched her arms out and yawned, getting up from her bed. She started making her way to Kadek's room to wake him up. She opened the door seeing him laying in his bed with his teddy bear he got from Dontrell in his arms. She smiled to herself, nearing his bed and sitting on it.

"Kadek, it's time to get up we gotta get you to daycare." It didn't take him long to get up, he always got up the first time he was told to. "Go brush your teeth okay? I'm gonna go get ready and then I'll find you some clothes." She got up from the bed, but felt Kadek's hand on her arm. "Can I dress myself today too?" Kehlani tilted her head. 'What's gotten into him?' She pat his head, "Yeah, make sure it's something decent." He nodded, running into the bathroom to brush his teeth. Kehlani made her way to her room to find something to wear to work.

She put on some flowy pants with a long sleeve black turtle neck with matching heels.

She went to her mirror to fix up her face, seeing her lace starting to show a little

She went to her mirror to fix up her face, seeing her lace starting to show a little. "Damn." She mumbled. She grabbed her foundation and started patting it on her forehead. She heard Kadek's little feet enter in her room. She tuned around, "You ready?" He nods his head. "Yeah, I dressed myself good didn't I mama?" She nodded.

He wore a simple outfit. A blue shirt with black pants. Kehlani stood up from her chair. "Okay, let's head out the door." Kadek followed behind her, as she grabbed her keys and purse. She opened the door and made her way to the elevator with Kadek behind her.

She got Kadek situated in the car as she pulled out of the parking garage. The sun hadn't came out yet, so the sky was still a little dark. She focused her eyes on the road nearing the daycare. She got out the car and got Kadek out, going to the door and going inside of the daycare. 

Mrs. Morris sat at the front desk like always, and looked up at Kehlani who was holding Kadek. "Good morning Kehlani, Hello again Kadek." Kadek waved, wiping his eyelids. "He's still a little sleepy, we got up earlier today." Mrs. Morris nodded. "We'll lay him down in one of the beds, you go along to work now." Kehlani nodded, passing Kadek to one of the workers. She watched as he waved goodbye sluggishly.

Kehlani got back into her car, putting the back of her head on the seat and sighed loudly. She didn't have time for no shit today, because she had a headache and everybody already knew how she got when she had a headache. She pulled out of the parking space and headed for her job.

Working in the music industry wad not what Kehlani had planned to do when she got out of college. She planned on being something involved with writing, but she guessed that music did have a lot to do with that. Dontrell had convinced her to do it, telling her that she had a talent for it, and because he was in the music industry himself. She slightly bit her bottom lip, thinking about Dontrell. She would text him, but she felt like now wasn't a good time with her promotion.