A͎n͎d͎ ͎I͎ ͎W͎o͎n͎d͎e͎r͎

"Alright guys, remember," Dr. Bravo turned his body towards Dontrell and eyed his tie. He reached for it and adjusted it tighter onto Dontrell's neck. "Big smiles, and make sure you're paying attention the whole time. No wandering eyes, no matter who you see here." Dontrell rolled his eyes and Kehlani nodded.

Dontrell smacked his lips and pulled on the tie until it loosened. "Why I gotta wear this tie man? It's not really goin' with my fit."

Dr. Bravo and Kehlani rolled their eyes in synch. "Just take it off then Trell." She sighed, "you such a baby sometimes."

"Alright you two, let's get serious." Dr. Bravo neared the entrance of the club where two heavily built men stood. Usually, the club didn't have body guards like those men there. But Kehlani assumed that they were there because of the Sheros company. The company did have a few scandals that involved gangs, but it was covered up just as soon as it surfaced. Kehlani did her research.

She let her thoughts pass as they entered the club. It was around 10:30 which was the time people usually showed up. Kehlani looked towards the bar which was somewhat empty. The bartender was lounging around as a couple chatted near him.

"Kehlani." She felt a hand on her shoulder.

Dontrell stood beside her. "Why you daydreaming? Let's go." Kehlani nodded, and followed behind him.

The made their way to the back of the club where the private booths were. Dr. Bravo was already sitting down with someone. Kehlani and Dontrell sat down beside Dr. Bravo.

"Dontrell, Kehlani." Dr.Bravo began, "This is Lamonee's manager, Mrs. Carson."

"Serene Carson, it is a pleasure to meet you both." She held her hand out for Kehlani and Dontrell to shake. Kehlani was the first to shake her hand. "Same to you Mrs. Carson."

"Please call me Serene." She leaned back into her chair." "We will be working together after all."

Serene Carter. Kehlani had heard a lot about her. She was a humble manger and a somewhat retired producer, but she knew that she was one of the best. She had only joined the Sheros company a year ago, and she was already known throughout several companies. Kehlani could even say that she looked up to her.

"Speaking of working together," Dr. Bravo intervened, "where is this Lamonee?" Kehlani look at the seat beside Serene, which was empty.

Kehlani scoffed softly. How could she work with someone who didn't even show up to their own contract signing. He's an up coming artist, and he needed to act like it.

"He is.. occupied at the moment. But, he'll be here shortly." Serene pulled a file out of her bag sitting beside her. "Now, here are the documents, you can read through them if you like."

Kehlani and Dr. Bravo took one of the files. Kehlani knew what to look for in documents like these, so she skimmed through it. Dr.Bravo, however, did the opposite.

He took his time, reading every word.

Every word.

After about 40 minutes, Dr. Bravo placed the document down on the table. "Seems about right to me, but I have one proposal."

Serene's eyebrow twitched. "Go on."

Dr. Bravo interlinked his fingers, placing his elbows onto the table. "The contract says that you will be the 'superior' manager. Could you elaborate?"

Serene smirked, "I will be both the manager and the music producer during the one year contract. But, if you wish to make Kehlani the superior manager then I see nothing problem."