i'm just a kid | lizzie olsen

———❁———

tw:homophobia, violence

it was an average week day . rolling out of bed to brush my teeth and get dressed. it was my usual look of oversized, unwashed hoodie with joggers and vans.

i never really understood the attraction of dressing nicely for school. the air in that place always ruins your outfit in 2 seconds.

i grabbed my bag from the floor and wondered down the stairs. taylor swift playing throughout my headphones. she was always the vibe no matter the time or day.

making my way into the kitchen i felt someone pull my headphones off my head. "hey missy i was talking to you" a smile crept onto my face as i turned to see my mama.

"sorry madam i was listening to dr taylor allison swift." she playfully slapped my arm "don't call me madam it makes me sound old." chuckling at her antics i raised my hands in defence "hey you said it not me"

laughing at her fake crying and grabbed a waffle from the counter top and shoved the last few items in my bag.

"do you want me to pick you up later?" i heard her yell from the other room. "yes please". i joined her by the front door and watched as she got into her car but not before she kissed me on the head. "be careful today" she called from her car as she pulled out the drive. "i always am!".

i skated into school in the mornings when the weather permitted it. i loved seeing the sun rise by the ocean. living in california really did have its perks.

i got to school by about 8:40. i was a little late because i bought a homeless man a coffee but it was worth it. he was a nice guy.

my form tutor gave me the same lecture a i snuck into the back of the class taking my seat. i only grinned and apologised as sincerely as i could.

i went about my usual day going from class to class waiting for the glorious sound that was lunch bell rang. i was walking to math class when i heard my name being mentioned in someone's conversation.

i knew it wasn't anyone i knew as i was walking with my friend holden and all my other friends where in the other side of the school.

i turned around to see some girl from the grade above me. she was the typical american high school bully you see in all the movies.head cheerleader ,blonde white with blue eyes, dating the quarterback . i mean come on at least try at beat the stereotypes

my name came out of her mouth again shortly followed by several homophobic slurs. normally i would just ignore people like that but she started talking about my mom.

her comments about how she was apparently some whore and how her sisters made her famous was my final straw.

i snapped. i turned around to face the ugly fucker, i looked her up and down and walked up to her and her rat friends.

i've never resorted to violence before but being been run into the ground by stress from school and i couldn't deal with one more inconvenience.

i sucker punched her square in the face and she fell right to the floor. girl was built like a door so it didn't take much force.