mothers day | scarlett johansson

———❁———

mother's day is in two months.

that might seem like ages for everyone else but i have the perfect gift idea for mama that's going to take me a long time.

mamas not a very materialistic woman, she prefers all the cute sappy stuff that comes from the heart.

which is great for me because i'm broke. kind of ironic seeing as i have two millionaire parents.

this year is extra special too, it's the first mother's day since cosmo was born.

the idea for her present came to me last week right after my adderall wore off so i proceeded to spend the next 4 hours planning it all out.

i looked for stores that sold all the stuff i'd need and planned out the best days to pick them up without setting off any suspicions.

after 2 weeks i managed to pick up all the stuff and hide it away with the help of auntie lizzie.

every free minute i had from the moment i thought of the idea to the day was spent putting this present together.

it wasn't some art piece or hand crafted shite but a video.

it was clips of all three of her kids throughout the years.

i had called every one we've ever known to get unseen footage of us with mama. i even reached out to some of my favourite editors on tik tok to give me advice on the best ways to make edit it all together.

it took so much time to get people to shut up and ensure they kept quiet about it.

27 hours later it was complete.

i uploaded it to the usb and taped it to the underside of my desk for safe keeping.

i really couldn't have mama accidentally stumble across it.

the night before the big day i realised i didn't have a card. the most important thing. it's what i was going to put the usb in.

i was kicking myself.

that night i snuck out of the house and made my way to the nearest store. i picked up some white card, paint and a couple of sharpies.

i also grabbed some flowers from the guy on the corner, a bouquet with yellow roses, cosmos and azaleas .

it looked a little funky but it was all of our flowers in one. only my middle name is azalea not my first. guess mama was testing out the flower theme before she really stuck with it.

when i got home i was glad to see no one noticed i had disappeared.

it was only 6 so i went and grabbed cosmo from his play pen in the conservatory and brought him to my room.

time to make this card. i put the paint on a random piece of cardboard i had lying around and folded the card in half.

i picked cosmo up and walked into my bathroom with the cardboard and card.

i placed them on the counter keeping hold of my baby brother.

making funny faces and him to keep him quiet while i washed and dried his hands.

i gently took hold of his right hand and dipped it into the yellow paint.

scrunching my nose as he giggled at the feeling. he's so cute.

i pressed his hand on the outside of the card and rinsed his hands of quickly.

the kid can be very messy so i needed to get rid of the evidence before mama noticed his new minion look.