legos | boygenius

———❁———

y/n dacus, the one and only child of lucy dacus had one obsession in this world, legos.

it all started with her very first lego set, the nasa spacecraft, a christmas gift from her uncle julien and auntie phoebe.

even though y/n was only 3 when the first set was purchased for her, she took extreme care when putting it together.

with the help of her uncle julien the pair sat on the living room floor and read the instructions and carefully snapped each brick into place.

well julien read the instructions, y/n couldn't read at the time.

as soon as the last brick was put into place the child sat up and clapped her hands happily.

very carefully picking up the spaceship she tuned around to show her mama.

phoebe and lucy were cuddled up on the couch under a green knitted blanket both contently watching the toddler.

gently handing the lego's to phoebe the toddler grabbed onto her mamas leg using it to pull herself up onto the couch.

lucy grabbed the back of her dinosaur pyjamas and julien reached over from her spot on the carpet to push the toddlers legs up.

with the team effort the child sat in Lucy's lap facing her auntie pheobe.

the blonde handed the spacecraft back to the little brunette who in turn gave it to her mama.

"look mama. it fly" the toddler exclaimed, she wad proud of her newly built toy. especially because she had built it herself (and with uncle julien).

lucy smiled widely, placing a gentle hand on the small of the little ones back. " i see baby! you built it so well darling, did you have fun?"

shaking her head vigorously y/n went on to point out all their favourite bits of the space ship. the best being the astronaut in the front.

"what do you say to jb and pheebs?" lucy asked, kissing the little ones head.

"thank you thank you thank you!!!" shouting as she claimed over into phoebes lap careful not to knock the rocket out of her mama's hands.

the blonde grinned widely as she wrapped her arms around the girl. "you're more than welcome darling, anything for my niece."

y/n made herself comfortable in phoebes lap as julien joined the trio on the couch all agreeing to watch their favourite christmas movie, 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'

after that day y/ns collection grew day by day.

mostly due to her uncle and auntie, the pair enjoyed making the toddler happy and couldn't resist spoiling her rotten.

over the course of a few years y/n had built the titanic, the eiffel tower, a pac-man arcade machine, the hogwarts castle and the hocus pocus house.

those were just some of the biggest pieces she had put together.

y/ns favourite sets were the marvel ones. her mama bought her one almost every time they went to the lego store, mostly small ones but occasionally something larger like the captain america shield.

that set the pair had built together, y/n loved when her mama helped play legos with her. nothing made her happier.

the most prized set y/n owned was the custom boygenius set lego had made for the child.

after casually mentioning her child's obsession in an interview lucy received a mystery package from lego a few weeks later.

recording her little ones reaction when the gift was given to her, lucy sent the edited video making sure to leave out the toddlers face.

she did include the time they spent building the set and a small tour of her baby's collection.

smiling at the video when jimmy fallon showed it in another interview later on.

fans went crazy seeing lucy's love stricken face when she heard the child's giggles. it was clear to anyone how much lucy loved her little girl.

she loved her more than anything in the whole world.

———❁———

700 words.

why do i hate this. i literally love writing boygenius stories. wtf

love lucy dacus tho. more than my own mum😆

this was inspired by that one woman on tik tok who builds lego sets and watches movies.

enjoy:)

marley