where is she | natasha romanoff

———❁———

it was 2018, i was 13. mama had just gone off to wakanda for some mission.

she hadn't really explained much about it which was unusual. ever since we joined shield she had never taken missions at the drop of a hat.

she never wanted to leave me alone but since everyone was in wakanda she had no choice.

i told her i was fine but she still had her doubts over going.

when she was gone i put on gilmore girls and ordered a chinese takeout from our usual place.

i sat in her bed wearing one of her hoodies that was just a little too big.

after finishing my food i put the trash out and went for a shower.

i dimmed the lights and lit a couple of candles before putting on some stranger in the alps and washed my hair.

making sure i moisturised and out on the same clothes i was wearing before.

sitting back on mamas bed i continued on with my episode and braided my hair.

doing those braids made me think of how i already missed mama. she always braids my hair after i shower while we watch our tv show.

last month we did brooklyn 99 and the month before that it was the big bang theory, this month it's gilmore girls.

gilmore girls is one of our favourites. it's our october/november show. the perfect autumn show.

later on in the night i decided to call auntie lena to see what she was up to.

in the middle of the call she randomly cut off right when she was saying something.

i tried to call her back but she kept going straight to voicemail. that worried me, lena always answers the phone to me.

never for mama, just for me. there was one time a few weeks ago where i called when she was in the middle of a mission, i had to hang up when i heard gunfire just for her sake.

i tried calling her other phones and then grandma melina a couple times too.

no one was answering. why was no one answering?

i knew i couldn't call mama, her one big rule on missions was always wait for her call. just in case she was compromised and they came after me because i made contact.

she said only call in emergencies. technically this wasn't life threatening. that's what i first thought anyway.

deciding to ignore it i put on my headphones and go to sleep.

i only woke up to the front door slamming open. i heard yelling.

it was mama.

i pushed my headphones off and rubbed the sleep out my eye.

that's when i realised, she was yelling my name. something was wrong, she sounded panicked.

i sat up out of bed and headed towards her bedroom door.

by the sounds i could hear she was still ripping apart the house looking for me. i heard my bedroom door hit the wall and my sheets being ripped off my bed.