IT'S 3 IN THE MORNING | lady gaga

———❁———

living with pop and rock legend lady gaga sounds cool, and it is, but it comes with its quirks.

ever since she gave birth to me 17 years ago my mom has been exactly the same level of weird.

she's definitely consistent i'll give her that.

after releasing my own album earlier this year i've started a series on youtube called 'life with a drama queen'.

it all started after i was on jimmy fallon.

we were of course talking about my new album and he brought up one of the tracks, it's called dq.

specifically the beginning of the song.

it's basically muffled voices layered with some loud ass drums and a bass that you can feel in your heart.

mere days after the album was released a few eagle eyed fans had noticed the screaming and picked it out.

and it was quick to rise to fame.

there were hundreds of thousands of videos going around speculating about what the noise was.

so on the show i explained what it was.

"y/n i have to ask, what is the third track about. firstly does it stand for dairy queen and secondly, what is all the screaming?"

i chuckle at the dairy queen remark, i noticed it when i named the track but i like to keep it weird. i am my mother's daughter after all.

i inhaled deeply, ready to try and make it seem less odd.

"well, the dq actually stands for drama queen. even though i do love dairy queen."

jimmy remained silent so i carried on.

" and the screaming is actually my voice, it's a recording of me screaming at my mom because she woke me up at 3am with her weird personality"

"so the songs named after her, because she's the biggest drama queen i know and that clip really makes the whole song in my mind."

jimmy laughs, "do you by any chance have the whole clip, i'm sure we'd all love to see it."

i look up at my manager who gives me the thumbs up of approval and i pull out my phone.

without any further words i pull up the recording and hold the device up to the microphone.

"Y/N DANCE WITH ME BABY!" the voice of my mom yelled out, fixing the fedora resting atop her head

"MOMMMMM"

"COME ONNNN"

the sound of her yelling was mixed in the background of my disgruntled yelling.

"ITS 3 IN THE MORNING MOM!"

"BUT YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS SONG Y/N/N, THE TIME TO DANCE IS RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!" she continued to screech.

the sound of me shoving my face into the pillow followed after.

"I WAS THERE WHEN YOU WROTE THE SONG MOM I HEARD YOU RECORD IT!"

" BUT ITS BETTER NOW DARLING! GET UP LETS DANCE!!!"

the recording cuts off shortly after there's a load thud.

that this was the sound of my torso hitting the floor, mom pulled me out of bed and we danced for 35 minutes straight.

"wow" was all jimmy could say.

"yeah i know..."

shortly after the interview was over i edited the clip and titled it 'life with a drama queen'

mom somewhat hated it and everyone else loved it so i carried on.

taking clips from over the years and editing them to show what it's like to live with her. all the weird and wonderful she brings into my life.

some of the most popular clips included,

-mom and i dancing in the kitchen
-a complication of her giving me the middle finger
-videos of her bad driving
-the two of us playing charades and screaming at one another because we were both equally bad (she was worse)

she eventually retaliated against my videos.

it was a 17 minute video that she uploaded on my birthday.

many of the videos were of me sleeping all twisted up, in her voice over she compared me to pretzels and 'something that crawled out the gates of hell'.

i did not find it very amusing.

the videos really helped my album gain popularity though, so i love them.

on my tour i played a different video before i came out into stage and sung track 3 as my opener.

i listen to the original 3 am video a lot. especially when i miss my momma.

———❁———

757 words

this is not proof read...

GUESS WHO'S BACK!!!

i feel like i say that every chapter but oh well.

dreamt about lady gaga in my nap earlier and i couldn't resist writing about her. i promise i've been reading ur comments and requests and i'm trying to do them i pinky promise.

i hear a lot of you are after some more boygenius content so i will work on that very soon.

but for now, please please please give my new book a read. it's just the first chapter out for now but i think i'll really love writing it and i just hope you'll love reading it

i love you all, have the best day. and if it's past 12pm where you are, go to bed🫵. get your beauty sleep

i hope you all enjoyed
love you lots
marley :)