Chapter 11: The Dagger And An Ally Sun

3rd POV

Nightfall came as there blizzard snow, we see everyone except Rayla in the cave with campfire. Callum is drawing on his journal while his brothers are resting by the fire and Bait & FN are sleeping. Callum notice Ezran isn't sleeping nor YN.

Callum: Guys, you should really try to sleep.

YN: Its just the cold. I'll endure- (Sneezes.) I take that back...

Ezran: I'm...I'm...(Sneezes.) I'm fide.

Callum: You're not "fide," you need to rest.

Ezran gets up and takes a see what's Callum drawing.

Ezran: (Curious.) What are you drawing? (See the drawing.) Oh.

Callum: When you were down there under the ice, we were so scared, YN had to jump in to save you before getting the egg. I thought we were going to lose you like we lost her. But somehow YN protected you and you made it. And now I can't stop thinking...

YN: In time like these, you do what you need to do to protect your family even in death.

Callum: Yeah, maybe she was watching over us too. If she knew what we were trying to do, she'd be proud of us. (Joking.) And she would yell at you to go sit closer to the fire and bundle up!

YN: Before she could get her belt.

Ezran: (Sniffles.) I know.

Three of them chuckle before Ezran sits next to YN by the fire. Rayla came back and notice a person Callum is drawing.

Rayla: She's beautiful. She's your mother?

Callum: Yeah.

Rayla: Um, I found some moonberries.

She put them down to share it to them as they pick some.

Rayla: This should keep us full...for a day.

YN: So long Bait doesn't eat them first.

Rayla: And I found these for you two. Bogeyberries!

She grabs 4 berries that look like raspberries but with green color.

Rayla: Ancient Xadian cure for the common sniffles.

Ezran and YN takes two each and they were about to eat them but Rayla stops them.

Rayla: Mmm...nope. They don't go in your mouths.

YN: (Tilts his head.) Huh?

Ezran: Uh...

Rayla: To cure a stuffy nose, you've got to stuff 'em up in your noses.

Ezran: Oh. Seems doable.

YN: So why they're called Bogeyberries?

Rayla: ....I don't really know...so how's the egg doing?

They look at the egg and saw it starting to get darker while YN and Ezran put the berries in their nose.

Callum: I don't think its getting better. It was glowing so bright before, but now its dim and flickery.

Rayla: Its even darker than when I left.

YN: At first I thought it was because the cold back then and try to keep it warm. But it didn't work.

Ezran: We gotta find help.

YN: Agree. There has to be a town near by who can help.

Rayla: I did saw smoke not far from here. We could go at sunrise and see who can help.