Book 5, Chp 4: Cold As Darkness

Janai POV

Its now dawn and my niece is back safely, resting on the bed as I sat beside her while waiting for her to wake up. When Emryn came back just with her, I knew YN went to save his family and friends at the library. Kazi and Gren informed me that they were still at the library but I was still worried about them. Just then, I notice my niece is waking up as she open her eyes and saw me.

Eita: Aunt Janai?

Janai: Its okay, I'm here. How are you feeling?

Eita: (Softly smiles.) Feeling better. Speaking with the Sun spirit really paid off.

Janai: That means you found what you needed?

Eita: (Nods.) I guess I just needed know who I really am. But there's more that she told me.

This caught me a little curious as she sits up before speaking.

Eita: She said that after I found out who I am, I needed to go somewhere and that the stars will guide me to- wait, where's Emryn and YN?

Janai: Emryn is checking up on Mira after carrying you with Mira's help.

Eita: And YN?

I didn't know what to saw since there's been no word since Kazi and Gren came back.

Eita: Aunt Janai?

Janai: Eita....YN-

Suddenly we were interrupted by an elf entering the tent.

Miyana: Queen Janai

Miyana: Queen Janai.

Janai: (Stand up.) Has she returned?

Miyana: No, General Amaya is still not accounted for. However, one of the stone tree scouts arrive with a survivor and has a message.

Janai: (Shock.) Just one?

Miyana: Yes, but the scouts informed us that General Amaya is okay, but they'll be arriving late.

Eita: Who did he arrived with?

Miyana: He arrived with YN, but he's just unconscious. Not a sign of corruption.

Eita: (Sigh in relief.) Thank the sun.

Janai: Thank you, General Miyana. Is there something else, General?

Miyana: Queen Janai, there's something strange happening in the camp. Multiple guards have reported that we've been infiltrated by...a ghost.

Eita: A ghost?

This caught me suspicious. Someone must be passing through the guards before any alarm. But if I'm right, they'll do anything to achieve what they need, even if it means to kill. Fortunately I might know what they're after, but I cannot put my niece life at risk. There's only one thing I can do to ensure her safety.