Book 3, Chp 2: Forgiveness

Callum POV

Ever since we've enter Rayla's home. Every person I meet are faceless while ignoring us like we're ghosts. I join Rayla who's throwing rocks in the pool.

Rayla: (Sad.) I understand now. They didn't make it. None of them, only me.

Callum: How do you know that?

Rayla: This.

She gesture at a floating flower on the pool which looks to be crafted by metal along with a crystal on the center of the flower.

Rayla: When assassins are sent on a dangerous mission, Ethari enchanted these flowers for each of them

Rayla: When assassins are sent on a dangerous mission, Ethari enchanted these flowers for each of them. As long as the assassin lives and breathes, their flower floats.

Callum: So when all the others sand, and you didn't...

Rayla: They thought I ran away. (Looks down.) Just like my parents.

Callum: But you didn't run. They have it all wrong.

Rayla: Does it matter?

Zym: Chirps.

She throws a few more rocks at her flower but still missed due to her sadness. Just then, I notice Ethari left his house and stand next to Rayla while seeing her surprise in the water as a reflection.

 Just then, I notice Ethari left his house and stand next to Rayla while seeing her surprise in the water as a reflection

- - -

YN POV

Well, this could be it, but at least I'll see my clan soon.

Khessa: If she's not useful, get rid of her. She's worthless. As for the boy, his clan didn't do anything to help instead abandoning us.

YN: (Mutters.) Not my fault...

Janai: She's not worthless and neither does this boy. They may be humans but she fought bravely, and she treated me, her enemy, with a warrior's honor. And the boy brought your daughter back home unharmed.

YN: Wait what?

Janai: Should we not do the same?

Khessa: Oh, my sweet little sister. Perhaps the boy did brought my daughter back, but that still changes nothing of their past. And if you truly believe the other one is so special, we'll let the light decided her fate.