Book 2, Chp 3: Sailing To Sea

Rayla POV

I woke up and see that we're still flying while Ezran, Bait, and Zym are sleeping on Phoe-phoe and YN and Eita are sleeping on FN. I yawn and stretch before noticing Callum is wake too.

Rayla: (Yawn.) What are you doing?

Callum: Meditating upon the meaning of sky.

Rayla: (Scoff.) That's more boring than any answer I would have guessed.

Callum: I'm trying to connect to the Arcanum like Lujanne said, so I can use sky magic again.

Rayla: Didn't she also say you have to be born with the Arcano-what's it to do magic?

Callum: No, she said you had to connect to the primal and that magical creatures are born with a connection. But I don't see why I can't make my own connection.

Rayla: (Confused.) By sitting weird and humming?

Callum: (Smiles.) Right. Seems reasonable? (Humming.)

Suddenly I notice we're flying lower except for FN.

Rayla: Uh, is it just me or are we loosing altitude?

Callum: What? No way. I'm extremely attuned to slight changes in the air (Looks down and panic.) flow!

YN POV

I woke up from the screams and saw that Phoe-phoe is falling along with the others which made me shock.

YN: FN, we gotta help them!

FN: Screech!

Eita: (Half awake.) Huh- what's going on?

YN: Hold on!

Eita: (Groan.) What are you talking abo-Aaaaaaaahhh!

FN dives down and made it just in time to help Phoe-phoe before they all crash near the cliff. Ezran and Zym almost fell at the cliff, but thankfully Rayla caught them both.

Rayla: (Sigh in relief.) Its nice to have both arms again.

Bait: Croaks upsetting.

FN flew by the cliff where Ezran and Zym are.

YN: Rayla, you can let them go, we'll catch them.

Rayla nods before Eita and I grab Ezran and Zym after she let go. Then FN took us up, letting us to hop off of him. Soon we saw his marks glows before he change back to his smaller form.

YN: You guys all right?

Callum: Yeah, thanks to you guys. What happened?

Ezran checks Phoe-phoe since he can understand animals.

Ezran: Phoe-phoe is okay. She's just tired. She gets her power from the moon nexus. The further away we go, (Pets Phoe-phoe.) the harder it is to carry everyone.

Eita: Makes sense, since she's the Moon Phoenix.

Callum: (Smiles.) Wow Ez, I can't believe you could understand all of that.

Ezran: (To Phoe-phoe and smiles.) You did such a good job getting us so far. Thank you.

Phoe-phoe nods before flying back as FN was tired, so I carried him on my arms.

YN: You did good too FN, thanks for saving me and carrying us. You deserve a lot of rest.

Eita: I knew he could do that, but to be honest, he did took me by surprise after everything just happened.

YN: You knew?

Eita: I thought you knew as well.

Rayla: There's a lot of things we don't know about your clans magic.