Book 3, Chp 4: Hearts Of Cinder

YN POV

Morning came as Eita and I are at the tower and preparing to leave with our rides. I know its been only a day, but the more we waste time, the more Viren is one step closer to reach the dragon prince. There's not telling how strong he is, but now that we know that my clan lives, we may have a chance against whatever Viren and his followers have. Soon Rolan come to see us before leaving.

Rolan: I understand why you must leave, protecting the dragon prince is more important in order to restore peace.

YN: Thank you, Rolan. Maybe someday we'll be free to roam across Xadia once again.

Rolan: (Smiles.) On that, we can agree.

Eita: (Smiles.) Don't worry. As a princess of sunfire elf, your kind will always be welcome on my behalf.

Rolan: As do you champion. Here.

Rolan hands me a palm-size crystal that has a tree carved symbol.

Rolan: Should you ever return, this crystal shall allow you to cross safely. We will stand ready to face Viren when the time has come.

YN: (Smiles.) Thank you Rolan.

Rolan: No, I should thank you both. For finding the dragon prince. There's still hope after all. Now go, and may the original light shine your path.

I nod smiling before we take off. I look at my clan's home one last time before we enter to the fogs.

Time skip

After we made our way out of the fog safely, we continue our journey to rejoin our companions. Soon I saw something ahead, something I never expected to see.

The statue of Thunder

YN: I don't believe it...he was trying to get back to Zym.

Eita: There was nothing we can do, it's in the past YN. (Looks down.) Wait look.

She points down and we see Callum and Rayla, but then I became surprise to see Ezran by the ash of something.

YN: Let's land near.

She nods as we landed close by and they saw us in surprise.

Callum: You guys made it!

Callum hugs me and I'm happy to see my brother again. Especially Rayla.

Eita: Its good to see you guys too.

Rayla: We thought you guys might've taken longer.

YN: We'll explain it on the way. But first.

I walk towards Ezran.

YN: Ezran, how did you get here?

Ezran: Oh, Phoe-phoe sacrifice herself to carry me all the way here. But don't worry, she'll be reborn.