Book 3 Chp 5: Dragonguard

3rd POV

Ibis: The dragon queen has not opened her eyes in ten days.

Callum: But, she's not...?

Ibis: No, no, she's not dead. She lives and breathes, but...she's not with us.

YN: So she's just sleeping for a long time?

Ibis: You could say that.

Ibis heads inside while everyone else follows.

Ibis: My name is Ibis, mage of the Skywing elves. When I heard that Queen Zubeia was Ill, I thought I could use my magic to help her.

YN: But no success, correct?

Ibis: No. Loosing her mate and her egg had irreparably broken her heart. Finally, she closed her eyes and has not opened them since. Come, I will show you.

Just when they were about to enter, Zym hesitates and whimpers to meet his mother while Ezran tries to comfort him.

Ezran: Don't worry, Zym. She's your mother. Don't you wanna see her?

Zym was nervous to see her and steps back.

Ezran: You're not ready yet. I understand, its okay. We'll go in first. I'll be right back.

They continue while Bait stays to company Zym until they return. Soon they see the dragon queen who's sleeping in her nest.

Ezran approaches her to see if he can wake her up by touching her nose

Ezran approaches her to see if he can wake her up by touching her nose. But nothing happened.

Ezran: Wake up you're baby's here. You have to wake up.

Still nothing happened. This made everyone worried that she may never wake up. Rayla ran away, feeling the responsible of her parents duty.

Ezran: I don't understand, why can't she wake up to meet Zym.

YN: (Sigh.) ...She wants to die.

Ezran: (Shocking.) What?

Ibis: (Disappointed.) How could you say that?

YN: She wants to die to be with her mate. Not knowing that her son is here and breathes.

Eita: How would you know.

YN: Loosing someone that you love, is always overwhelming. Too much things to think, either you heal or you die and meet someone you love.

He walks away and he sees Rayla and Callum are having a conversation.

YN POV

Seeing Rayla ran away, I understand why she feels sad. The last I remember, she mentioned that her parents ran away from their duties as a Dragon guards. Eita walks towards me with a curious face.

Eita: What do we do now?

YN: I...don't know. I need to think...feeling...tired right now.

I sit down by the stair and leave my weapons next to me to stay comfortable. Soon Eita sat next to me and leans on my shoulder.