Chapter Two....

It was a beautiful bright sunny morning in the middle of spring, and outside all Amethyst could hear was the intense banging of a hammer being used.

As she crawled out of the comfort of her king size bed, she walked over to the windows, pulled back the lace curtains and opened the shutters, took a deep breath and said to herself, " Today's going to be a beautiful day."

You see, today is Amethyst 18th birthday and in Khisfire turning 18 is a big thing.

For human's it normally meant throwing a massive party and being able to legally drink... but if you happened to be a fairy or an elf, it normally is when there powers kick in.

Walking out of her bedroom, Amethyst headed downstairs, opened the front door to the bungalow, stepped out onto the patio, and was confronted by balloons.

There must have been 50 or more of the bloody things in the shades of pink, purple and silver.

As Amethyst looked around, she saw a huge happy 18th birthday banner hanging from the railing.

" Well, I guess that explains all that banging I heard!" she thought.

Her Aunt Indigo, like always had made such a huge fuss and went all out.

What she could throw together, never seemed to amaze Amethyst.

Her Aunt always tried her hardest to make sure Amethyst had everything she needed.

Anyway, Amethyst lives with her Aunt Indigo in a small village called Khisfire, and she is an only child.

Both her parents had been killed when she was just a small child, and her Aunt Indigo took her in under her wing and raised her.

Amethyst doesn't know how her parents died.
It was never spoken about.
It was all hush, hush!

All she knows, is there no longer here.

Although Khisfire is known for it's beautiful meadows, fields of marigolds and chasm.
It is also known for it's crystal clear brooks that run throughout the valley and the magnificent waterfalls.

It is also the home of fairies, elves, human's and other magical beings

For example - Amethyst best friend Pandora and her two sisters Briony and Mae are elf's and her other two closest friends Echo and Reverie are fairies.

Than there's Amethyst..... just a plain simple human.

Anyway, as Amethyst was about to step off the front patio, her Aunt asked where she was heading off to.

Answering her, she told her Aunt she was heading into Trekkers Square to catch up with Pandora and the rest of the gang.

Smiling back at her niece, she says, " Okay child, just make sure to be back in time to greet your party guest.

Nodding her head, Amethyst promised she'd be back around 4pm, as she started making her way to Trekkers Square.

Once she arrived, Amethyst looked around to see if she could find everyone, and soon spotted all four of them - Pandora, Briony, Echo and Reverie all sitting at the table out the front of Trekkers.

" Hey there birthday girl, over here," Pandora called out.

Walking over to join her friends, she pulled out a seat to sit on just as Tryne ( Echo & Reveries brother) step's out of the shop carrying a cake and say's, " I heard on the grapevine that someone's having a birthday today."

Amethyst looked straight at him, as she croaked her head sideways and said,
"I wonder who that might be. Oh wait, that would be me!"

Tryne look's at her, laughs, than says,
"Well I'd say this cake must be for you.
Happy birthday beautiful girl."

Placing the cake down on the table in front of her, all 5 of them started singing happy birthday.

Once they stopped, she quickly blew out the candles and cut the cake.

She thanked Tryne for the cake, as she took a bite of the strawberries and cream sponge-cake.

" So are you looking forward to your big birthday bash?" Pandora asked as she finished the last bit of her cake and placing her fork down on the now empty plate in front of her.

"You betcha! I can't wait to see what else my Aunt has done for my party.," she told Pandora.

After catching up with everyone and having a little get together before her party, Amethyst decided it was time to make her way home and start getting herself ready for the party.