Chapter Six

"Don't be daft Amethyst," they all told her.
But Amethyst knew what she saw and she certainly did not imagine it.

There definitely was something or someone standing in the distance watching them.

If only she could make out exactly what it was she saw.

" Oh fuck it! I'm going to go and investigate it, and prove to them all that I'm not exaggerating.

So she started walking off in the direction of where she thought she saw something, when Echo, Briony, Reverie and Pandora asked her where she was going.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to go check it out and show you all that I'm not making this up. Now you can choose to believe me or not... I don't  give a shit, but l'm heading that way," she told them, pointing straight towards the woods.

"Have you lost your damn mind?" Pandora asked.

Not really paying any attention to what Pandora said, Amethyst kept on walking until she heard Reverie say," Damn you can be a real stubborn bitch when you want to be.
So I guess this means we're coming along with you."

Stopping dead in her tracks, Amethyst turned to face each and everyone  of them, as she tells them she doesn't need no baby sitter.

That's when Pandora took her by surprise when she said," Maybe so, but wether you realise it or not, your only human.
Now what happens if what your saying turns out to be correct and you end up in some sort of trouble. How are you going to defend yourself?"

"Arghhhh, fucken elves and fairies," she thought to herself.

But deep down she knew Pandora was right as she said," Well, thanks very much for the little reminder Pandora."

Pandora looks straight at Amethyst as she stands her ground and says," So you see Amethyst, you have no choice in the matter.... We're coming with you!"

So off  all five of them veered into the woods.

After walking for about five minutes, Amethyst suddenly stopped dead in front of a great big gum tree.

There hanging on a lower branch is what appears to look like a piece of torn shirt.

Picking it off the branch, she examined it, than looks down to find a set of footprints heading off further into the thickness of the woods.

"I knew it, I bloody knew I saw something.
See here's a piece of someone's torn shirt, and if you look closely, you will see a set of footprints leading in the direction of the woods.

But the question remaining is who's footprints are they?  And what's there reason behind watching them?

She looks over at Echo, Briony, Reverie and Pandora to find them standing there with their mouths opened starring dumbfounded at her.

It was as if they were frozen to the spot.

"What, cat's got your tongues or something?
I did try telling you all I saw something, but you all refused to believe me."

Briony was the first one to speak, as she apologized for not believing her.

Than Echo pip's up and says," Okay, so now you've proven us all wrong - what now?
And please don't you dare say your going to follow those footprints?"

Pandora, Briony, and Reverie  all look at Amethyst as they wait for her to answer Echo's question, practically begging her to say no, as she stood there seriously thinking about doing just that.

It was Reverie who spoke up and said," Oh come on Amethyst,  we've been here most of the day and it's now starting to get dark.
So please just tell us now that the answer is a big fat NO!"

Amethyst turns to face them all and tells them straight out that if it wasn't for the fact it was getting dark, she'd certainly would be checking out them footprints and finding out just where they lead to.

But instead she decided they were right.
It was starting to get dark and they really should start heading back.

It was right on dark by the time Amethyst walked in through the front door and headed to the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen her Aunt says," Oh  look at that, just home in time for dinner."

Amethyst smiles and takes a seat at the table, as her Aunt goes about dishing out her dinner.

She had made a big pot of beef casserole, and the aromas coming from it got up Amethyst nose and reminder her of how bloody hungry she was...... Actually she was starving to be totally honest and  she couldn't wait to get stuck into it.

Picking up her fork, she shoveled down the first bowl of the beef casserole, and by the time she finished the second bowl, she was so full that she could feel her stomach about to burst.

The food like always was delicious.

After they had finished eating and tidy up the kitchen, they both retreated to the lounge room for a quick nightcap before calling it a night.

Five minutes later, after Amethyst finished her drink, she went placed the empty glass in the sink, than pottered on upstairs and plonked herself down on her bed.

She sat there for a couple of minutes thinking everything over - the torn bit of shirt she found, the footprints, and the person watching them.

But who exactly was watching them?
And for what reason we're they watching them for?

There the questions she wanted answers to.

So she made a little note to herself and tucked it away in the back of her mind as she crawled into bed.

Tomorrow's another day and tomorrow she swore to go exploring that area thoroughly to hopefully find the answers she was looking for.

Up the top of the page is a picture of sleeping water Lake.

If your liking my story so far, please vote and feel free to leave comments.