Chapter Seven...

As the morning sunlight started to slowly creep in through her shutters and bounced across her room, Amethyst let out a yawn as she rolled over pulling the sheet up and over her head to try and block the light out.

"Nah, ten more minutes.... That's all I'm asking for," she muttered to herself, as she shut her eyes and started to nod off.

But her kitten Ambrosia had other ideas, as she plonked herself down on Amethyst head and swiped her one with her tiny paw.

"Not now Ambrosia.... Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?"

She just meowed at her as she started attacking Amethyst head and pulling at the sheet for attention.

"Okay, okay, you win! I'm up," she grunted as she kicked the blankets off herself, jumped out of bed and quickly got dressed.

"Happy now, you little shit!"

Ambrosia just pranced around her feet, rubbed herself against her leg purring, feeling totally satisfied with herself for waking Amethyst up.

"Curse you," Amethyst thought to herself as she bent down to pick Ambrosia up and carried her downstairs to the kitchen to feed her.

After she finished feeding Ambrosia, she quickly went about gathering up a few things she thought she might need on her adventure out, and shoved them all into her backpack.

Once Amethyst had all she needed, she than opened the front door, stepped outside and moseyed on down to the Sleeping Water Lake.

Yep true to her word, she was going to check that place out and find out exactly who or what was watching them yesterday.

When she finally got to the Sleeping Water Lake, she headed off in the direction of where she found the torn bit of shirt and the footprints.

There on the lower branch of the gum-tree flapping around in the breeze was the torn bit of shirt.

Gone were the footprints, but lucky for Amethyst, she had a memory like an elephant and she could clearly recall what direction those footprints were heading.

So off she went looking for God only knows what.

She must have walked an hour or more before she came across a small cave.

Right at the opening of the cave she could see something reflecting light off it.

So Amethyst walked up to the opening of the cave and there on the ground she found a pocket watch.

Bending down to pick it up, Amethyst checks to see if it had a name or something on it.....
Nothing, not a damn thing.

She opened up her backpack and placed it inside, as she continues stepping inside the cave.

It was dark.

So while she was placing the pocket watch inside her backpack, she dug around for a torch.

Turning it on, she shone it around the cave, looking for something to prove she wasn't imagining things.

So far no luck.

She stepped further into the cave until she practically stumbled on what was once a firepit.

It was obvious that somebody had camped here the night before, but whoever it was left in a hurry dropping a piece of paper.

Amethyst bent down to pick it up and have a closer look at it.

It turned out to be some sort of mud-map, but she couldn't understand one single bit of it, cause it was written in some sort of code.

She folded the piece of paper and shoved it in the front pocket of her backpack, as she grabbed her drink and took a swig.

"Well that's interesting," Amethyst thought to herself as she stepped outside the cave.

How did she not notice that before?

Right there in front of her was this beautiful crystal clear brook that divided into a fork.

Surrounding the brook were Boomerang Sumac tree's, Mammoth Elms, crawling Bamboo and spicy Rock ferns.

Amethyst was so taken in by all the beautiful flowers that were in full bloom and there scents smelt amazing.

It was like some secret magical place you'd find in a story book..... Absolutely breathtaking!

She wondered on over to the brook, sat down and decided she'd have something to eat.

So she dug inside her backpack and pulled out a salad sandwich and just sat there soaking everything in.

"Yep, I'm definitely going to make this my secret magical hideaway place from now on,"she thought to herself.

After she had finished eating, she shoved everything back into her backpack, than she decided she was going to dangle her feet in the nice cool water for a bit.

She must have sat there for an hour or so just mellowing out, before she decided it was time to move on.

But as Amethyst stood up, she suddenly had this weird feeling she was being watched.

Turning around, her suspension was correct.

For she could make out someone standing behind a bush.

So she bent down to retrieve her backpack, and just as she started to make a move, whoever it was behind that bush took off.

"Hey!" Amethyst called out as she took off after whoever it was.

But just like that, they disappeared in thin air.... Poof gone!

" What the actual fuck? Where did they go too? No-one can disappear into thin air like that,"Amethyst shouted out like a crazy mad woman, not believing what she just saw.

Okay at the top of the page is Amethyst secret magical hideaway place.

If you're liking my story so far please like and feel free to leave a comment....

Might have next chapter up in a day or two while I've got cov and can't go anywhere.