chapter 2

"Shaayar ki shayari bhi ab shor kar rahi h, Lagta h nazdikiyan hamare beech badh rahi h"

-----------------

It was Mehendi day and all were busy in making arrangements and selecting designs for the bride to apply. All the relatives reached Tamkinat's house and her in-laws were also present in the crowd. Tamkinat was looking elegant and giggling with her cousins.

Imran was capturing everyone in his video cam while Daniyal was checking the food arrangements. He was restless from a week and he kept shouting at his employees. The moment he laid his eyes on Hoor, his heart was at peace. She was looking gorgeous in a peach colour saree, silver jhumkas kissing her neck whenever she bends or smiles. Her kohl filled eyes are speaking volumes.

"Ajeeb log h jo sharaab ko yunhi badnaam Karte h,
Lagta h unlogon ne Kabhi iss Hoor ko Nahi Dekha"

Hoor was nervous feeling his gaze on her. It was creating havoc in her and she was shivering but she didn't let it show in her demeanour. She knew that her Bhabhi's mother didn't like her but for what reason, she doesn't know. Daniyal sighed averting his gaze from her, giving a chance for her to breathe in peace.

He wanted to talk with her, at least something, He just wanted to hear her voice for once. But he didn't know how to approach her. He doesn't want to be labelled as a pervert. He moved towards the garden to ignore her completely. Hoor was drinking orange juice standing next to the buffet system, where all cold drinks and Icecreams are kept separately from the main course dishes. Suddenly she heard someone clearing their throat deliberately to catch her attention.

"Can you step away from the table please, you are melting the ice" She heard Imran voice and a full-blown laugh escaped from her lips, making her cheeks turn pink with a slight blush while Imran winked cheekily.

"Nice pickup line. You should try it on someone else." Hoor replied looking at Imran smiling lightly. Imran shook his head smiling.

"I was just trying to make you comfortable" Imran replied searching for his brother Daniyal. Hoor smiled at him, feeling grateful for the effort he did.

"Thanks for that. I was getting bored and the aunts kept asking when am I getting married and all the stuff." Hoor replied shaking her head, thinking about how now-a-days people always keep asking when is she getting married and what she is doing at home. Does she have any disease that's why she didn't get proposals and all the stuff. At first, their remarks used to hurt her but now she got accustomed to it.

"You should have told them that you are soon going to be someone's." Imran replied faintly hinting her about future. He is sure that Daniyal was falling for her immensely and it would take just a matter of month for him to claim her as his. He never saw his brother thinking about a girl ever. It's not like his brother didn't like the girls it's just that he used to say he didn't find the right one who makes his heart skip.

"What do you mean?" Hoor asked unable to understand his hidden meaning of the words which made Imran bite his inner cheek for the blunder he did.

"I meant that someday you are going to be someone's right?" Imran replied carefully this time making Hoor agree at the statement.

"Listen, would you please call Daniyal bhai to have his dinner. He actually forgets taking care of himself." Imran replied holding his videocam in his hand ready to go towards her sister who is blushing now for some reason which he wanted to know.

"Why should I? Even you can call him right?" Hoor questioned confusedly feeling nervous about the encounter with him. She didn't know why her heart always beats erratically in his presence and how her body gets goosebumps with his one gaze.

"I would have done that but I have to take video, else you know about Tamkinat right?" Imran replied laughing lightly thinking about her reaction and he wanted one of them to take a step. He knew Daniyal is stubborn and he would never approach her. So he was intentionally pushing Hoor to the task.

Hoor nods her head looking at Tamkinat and went towards the garden area searching for him. She found him standing alone looking at the lights thinking about something. She carefully walked towards him calming her heart and unconsciously she started playing with her bangles.

The chiming of bangles disturbed Daniyal from his thoughts and he turned around to see her walking towards him with her head down. He felt elated looking at her. Feeling his gaze on her, she looked at him locking her eyes with his. He slowly took a few steps towards her meanwhile she moved backwards feeling nervous.

He kept taking predatory steps towards her enjoying her edginess. A smile escaped from his lips looking at her timidness. She was about to fall but Daniyal was quick enough to hold her wrist, pulling her in his arms caging her. A gasp escaped from her lips feeling him so close to her and her lips shivered lightly.