chapter 6

"Dur hoke bhi kaisi qurbat hue,
Har janib tere se hi mohabbat hue.
Per Iztiraar hoon, k itni shiddat k
Baad bhi tu hamari rooh mein h,
Per hamari kismat mein nahi...!!"

-----------

"What the hell is wrong with you? How many times should I tell you that I don't want to get married again?" Daniyal shouted angrily feeling frustrated at his wife, who is not listening his opinion. No matter how much he convinced her, she is adamant in her decision.

"You should get married again Daniyal. I know you want to have kids of your own which unfortunately I couldn't have. Tell me, when was the last time when we were both actually happy and didn't fight for a second?" Hoor asked equally angry at her husband who keeps ignoring the matter whenever she raises it.

"You are the one who always picks fights, while I try to keep you happy and distracted." Daniyal shouted, his voice raised a decibel again making everyone to rush towards their room worriedly. Soon enough, Shazia and Imran gathered at the outside of their room intend to know what made them fight this badly.

"What's happening? Why the hell are you shouting at Hoor? Didn't I taught you the manners of how to talk with a woman?" Shazia replied angrily looking at his son who was behaving badly to Hoor, unable to understand the scenario and shocked at how her son can raise voice at his wife. She never taught her kids to behave like that especially with ladies.

"You should tell your daughter-in-law to stop talking nonsense mom. I am tired of pacifying her always." Daniyal replied burying his face in his hands leaning against the wall making Imran worried.

"Mom, I want Daniyal to get married again and I can't be a mother" Hoor blasted the bomb without thinking anything as she was feeling suffocated with herself. She was a curse always for everyone. She never gave happiness to anyone. She was a burden at her maternal home and now she is a burden to her husband.

"What are you talking?" Shazia questioned feeling like someone snatched the ground from her feet. She stumbled and lost her balance before she can fall Imran caught her shoulders making her stand firmly and Hoor hurried to get water.

"Maa relax, Nothing happened." Daniyal replied looking at his mom carefully. Then he slowly explained all the things which Hoor and he discovered after their marriage when Hoor got immense pain in her stomach one day.

"Maa, we will adopt kids. Don't worry. I am looking at some orphanages too from past few months." Daniyal replied holding his mother's hand while few tears escaped from Hoor's but she wiped it quickly knowing what will be the reaction of her mother-in-law.

"Are you mad? You are not going to adopt. You are getting married again." Shazia declared getting up from the bed furiously looking at Daniyal who took the decision without consulting her.

"I won't. And tell me what's wrong in adoption? Why can't I adopt a child and raise him/her as my own?" Daniyal questioned looking at his mom and wife who are hell-bent on getting him married again.

"The kid won't have your features and He/She wouldn't have anything in common like you. He/She doesn't have your blood running in veins. He/She won't have your habits and much more. You will feel good for some time but deep down you would want to have a kid who resembles you in some actions. Won't you?" Shazia questioned looking at Daniyal which made him go numb. Even Imran shut his mouth thinking of the reasons which her mother gave. Hoor stood silently like she knew all.

"I will talk to Kinza's Dad again. If it is okay for them, then you will get married this week and it will be a small gathering." Shazia exclaimed looking at Daniyal and Hoor.

"I don't want to give divorce to Hoor." Daniyal tried once again to escape from the marriage as he was running out of options. And he just wanted to sleep. He was so tired with all the stress and his body isn't supporting him to even stand. He was mentally exhausted.

"You don't have to. Besides, a second marriage is legal in our religion" Shazia exclaimed dashing out from his room thinking of how to talk with Kinza. Imran dashed towards his room silently.

"Will you be happy seeing me sharing a room with her and spending romantic time with her?" Daniyal questioned angrily pulling Hoor towards him, holding her shoulder roughly making her wince in pain.

"Trust me, I will be happy seeing your kids playing in the garden." Hoor replied sadly looking at Daniyal making him mad. Daniyal pushed her away and went outside of the home. Hoor leaned on the wall slowly sliding down, she cried wholeheartedly hugging her legs seated on the floor.

-----------------

A week later, everything changed and Daniyal got married to Kinza. Daniyal hated himself when saying that he accepts Kinza as his wife. He couldn't say no as he was forced by his wife and his mother. Hoor threatened that she will commit suicide if he doesn't get married to Kinza.

Daniyal doesn't have any courage to see his Hoor taking that step whom he loved unconditionally. Moreover, he was hurt that Hoor didn't understand him ever. He wanted to have a happy life with Hoor, only Hoor, with kids or without kids. Sadly, she didn't understand it ever. He felt that he doesn't know this Hoor who changed now.

Daniyal opened his room door to find Kinza standing near the balcony railing, changed into her nightwear and her hair flowing with the wind. He averted his gaze from her. It's not like he hated Kinza. He just saw Kinza only as his friend. Now, she became his wife legally. A sad smile crept on his face looking at the decorations and the candles. Now the room doesn't have Hoor's traces it has Kinza's traces making his heart to bleed.

"Listen, we may have married to have kids. I know you still love Hoor Bhaji. I didn't marry you with my will and you know that. I need some time and I am not a prostitute to sleep with a man just to fulfil his need for a kid. The day you fell in love with me, or I like you, then I will happily give myself to you. Till then, don't expect much from me." Kinza replied looking at Daniyal whose eyes held the pain. She understood that he doesn't like her more than a friend. She saw in many family gatherings that how much Hoor and Daniyal were in love with each other. She never wanted to get married to Daniyal and separate Hoor from him.

"I would like you to stay away from Hoor and don't ever talk with me in front of Hoor. She might feel bad seeing you with me. If possible, stay away from me too. Am not interested in anyone except Hoor." Daniyal replied not looking at Kinza for once. He dashed into the changing room leaving her teary-eyed. Kinza cried at her fate. She never wanted to separate two people who were in love with each other that it hurts her. A guilty feeling occurred in her heart making her struggle to breathe. She slowly moved towards the bed, occupying the left side, she tried to sleep wrapping the blanket on her.