chapter 8

"Kis kis ko batayenge
Judaai ka sabab hum,
Tu mujhse khafa h
Toh Zamaana k liye!!"

-----------------

As soon as Hoor and Shazia left to the village, Daniyal booked his tickets to London and vanished from home claiming that he will return after two months as they are spreading the business in the city of London. Kinza understood his sudden reason for departure but didn't say anything.

Imran stood watching everything calmly. He didn't say anything to Daniyal. He went to drop his brother at the airport and he kept his mouth shut trying to not lash at his brother for leaving her newly wedded wife alone at home. He didn't like the thought of him living with Kinza alone at the home. It didn't seem right.

After dropping his brother at the airport, he went towards his family office. Now he was in charge of everything and the workload increased on him in the absence of Daniyal. He attended meetings after meetings skipping his lunch and dinner.

He glanced at his clock which showed 12 am. He closed the file which he is on working, stretching his arms and legs he went towards the coffee machine to have some coffee. He decided that he will leave to the penthouse where he will stay alone.

Kinza kept looking at the clock hoping Imran would return. With no one around, she was bored watching that big house and in the evening the helpers went to their respective homes making her feel more lonely. Tired of waiting, she dialled his number hoping he will attend her call.

"Hello" Imran questioned wondering who called him at this hour. He hoped nothing was wrong. He waited for someone to say something but all he could hear was someone's breath and a throat clearing sound.

Kinza was nervous listening to his voice, she was afraid that he will scold her again as he never behaved properly with her. Her heart started beating fast, gathering her courage she cleared her throat to speak.

"Hello Imran, where are you?" he heard Kinza's voice from the other end making him wonder how she got his number. Keeping that thought aside, sensing her nervousness in the voice, he answered her politely.

"Office. I have lots of work to do. Why didn't you slept yet?" Imran questioned sipping his coffee feeling refreshed. Picking his coat from the chair, he dashed outside of his cabin locking the door towards the lift.

"When will you come?" Kinza asked again hoping he will come soon. She never was alone at her home. She is afraid of the darkness and adding to it the house was too quiet and eerie making her fear more.

"I am not coming. You go to sleep. I will come tomorrow morning." Imran replied reaching his car. He opened the driver seat and dropped his laptop bag in the passenger seat. He wore his seatbelt inserting the key, igniting the engine. He drove towards the penthouse.

"Oh. Take Care." he heard Kinza's disappointed yet fearful voice, which made his heart heavy for some unknown reason. He took U-turn towards his home not able to brush off her voice. He rang the doorbell hoping that she might be awake.

Kinza got up from the sofa panicked, hearing the doorbell at 1:00 am. She knew it isn't Imran cause he clearly said that he will come in the morning. She was afraid to open the door. Grabbing the glass vase from the table she slowly walked towards the door, taking a deep breath she opened the door.

Imran was so engrossed thinking about Kinza that he forgot taking his belongings from the car. Shaking his head, he went towards his car to collect his coat and laptop bag. When Kinza opened the door no one was there.

She panicked thinking it might be a ghost. The books she read about horror are dancing in front of her eyes. Suddenly she saw a silhouette coming towards the door, she hid behind the door holding the vase in her both hands ready to smash it on the silhouette.

Imran looked at the door opened wide, his anger grew at peaks thinking how careless Kinza was. He thought to give her earful. Kinza saw the shadow of silhouette entering, without a thought she smashed the vase on it with a force. The vase broke in pieces and a heavy groan escaped from Imran's lips, few blood drops trailed from his forehead to chin. 

"Ouch, mera sar, Ya Allah." she heard Imran's voice which made Kinza rooted at her place. Seeing the blood from his forehead, a few teardrops escaped from her eyes in panic.

"Sorry Imran, I didn't think... Wait let me call doctor, you are bleeding." Kinza replied holding Imran's hand in hers. She inspected his forehead. She carefully removed the glass pieces from his hair while Imran hissed feeling the pain. He unconsciously leaned on her shoulder for support. Kinza held him by wrapping her arms around his waist, she took him inside carefully not stepping on the glass pieces.

--------------------

"No need to worry, I removed the small particles also. He will be alright but he will suffer from headache, give him the medicines." Doctor instructed Kinza while Imran laid on the bed in half sleepy state.

"How are you feeling now?" Kinza questioned him hesitatingly feeling guilty of her action. Imran glared at her from top to bottom making her squirm under his gaze.

"Sorry na. Don't look like that. You only said that you will come tomorrow." Kinza replied hoping that his anger will cool down and he will stop giving murderous glare to her.

"You sounded like someone is gonna kill you in the next second. That's why I had to come." Imran replied closing his eyes feeling exhausted.

"Actually I never stayed alone and the house is so big. I got scared." Kinza replied looking at him who was tired and his face looked pale.

"It's ok. But I never expected you to hit me so hard. You should have checked first." Imran said his voice holding some anger towards her.

"I thought you were a ghost." Kinza replied sheepishly making Imran groan again. Imran glared at her again which made Kinza bite her lower lip to stop her smile which escaped thinking on her stupidity.

"You would be in jail now if I have died." Imran replied closing his eyes again trying to relax himself to catch some sleep.

"I wouldn't have let anything happen to you Imran. Trust me." Kinza replied moving towards him. She gently wrapped the blanket on him inspecting his injury.

"Go to your room and sleep. Good night." Imran dismissed her turning the bed lamp off while Kinza stood looking at his sleeping figure. She didn't know when she slept in his room on the couch looking at his face.