Japan's Last Line Of Defence (Jeager Pilot AU Part 2)

"You said you were cleared to be able to pilot a Jaeger, right?" Izuku continued to question her.

"Yes, all 7 categories of Jaegers to perfection. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some work to attend to." Ochako said as she shut the door and locked it behind her.

Later that day Izuku sat with Yagi in the man's office, discussing potential co-pilots for the boy.

"Here's the list of all the candidates. I've gone through them once so they're all basically cream of the crop." Yagi tells him.

"I don't recognise any of these people. Where's Shoto? And Katsuki? And the others?" Izuku asks him.

"They're all piloting different Jeagers." Yagi informs him, pushing forward a list of all Jeager pilots. "Bakugou is currently deployed at the eastern front in Striker Prometheus along with Gipsy Athena and Buster Romeo. We have reason to believe that there is an uprising in rogue Jeagers as well as drones in that region."

"Everyone's here... Iida would have loved to meet them." Izuku mutters to himself. "Alright. I'll look at these papers." Izuku says as he shuffles through the papers. "Nope. Nope. Too through the book from his answers. He's too young. She's too young as well." He mutters as he puts the papers aside.

"From those, Eri Aizawa, the Shimano Twins, Kota Izumi, Satsuki Asui and Samidare Asui are all amazing pilots. They've been trained by the best." Yagi informs him.

"They're good but they're... I'm not letting these kids in my head. They'll follow the rabbit if they see my memories." Izuku sighs. "What about Uraraka? She said she's drift compatible and has Mark VII clearance right?"

"She's supposed to work with Yo Shindo from the Sydney Shatter Dome. But they're facing some problems so Shindo is running a few weeks late." Yagi tells him. 

"Yo? Isn't the guy a douche?" Izuku asks Yagi. 

"I've got no clue about that but Shindo met Uraraka a few months ago while she was in the Sydney Shatterdome for some training. Commander Fukukado said that they'd hit it off and in the trial runs, they managed to perform decently in the drifts."

"Can we try drift compatibility with her once?" Izuku asks him. "She speaks a lot, I'd like to see if she can back it up."

"I wouldn't suggest that. Those candidates have been handpicked keeping your experiences in mind." Yagi informs him.

"How about this? Call the 6 kids you mentioned and Uraraka. If they can match or even beat me in hand-to-hand combat, I'll take them. Same for Uraraka." Izuku offers.

"Sure. I can arrange for that. But you take the first one to pass." Yagi tells him. "Even if there are others that haven't fought you yet."

"Really? Wasn't the point for me to find who is better for me?" Izuku asks him.

"Yes, but these are the terms." Yagi tells him.

"Sure. I'll be at the training field in 10 minutes. Get the kids. And I decide the order I fight them in." Izuku tells Yagi as he leaves the man's office.

1500 hours. 6 young men and women stood wearing training uniforms waiting for Izuku, Ochako and Yagi to arrive.

"I can't believe I'm standing in front of the Hero Of The Black War!" A girl with white hair exclaims.

"Eri calm down. And please don't embarrass us." A boy with black hair tells her.

"Talk about yourself. She speaks for me. It's exciting to be a potential co-pilot candidate for him." A girl with long dark green hair that was tied into two ponytails tells the boy.