Moving On

Over the course of three months you tried everything you could to talk to Deku. You chased him down until you were exhausted, cornered him and tried to show him you were okay, and even sent letters to him through All Might. Nothing worked. He always ran.

You trained more and more everyday at UA High. Combat was your main course with Hawks' help you were doing great. Tokiyami was a major help too. Dark Shadow acted like a villain, Hawks acted as backup, and Tokiyami cheered you on.

Some days you fought all three of them and although at the start you were an amateur, you eventually got to the point with support gear and Grandma's support that you could defeat all three of them at their full strength.

-

"Are you ready, Y/H/N? This mission is going to be your hardest one yet." Hawks said over the earpiece.

"Yeah. What are you assigning me to?" You replied as you flew over the city.

"Me and Tokiyami are chasing the criminals, one has a flying ability so- hey! Throwing your comrades is so lame dude!" Hawks scoffed as he got back on track. "Sorry... We're after them just go back to Sight One and see if you can round up the other two villains. One has red hair and the other has a pink Mohawk!"

"Understood, Hawks. See you back at the agency!" You ended the call as you turned your wings to fly towards the sight of the crime.

After a few minutes, you spotted the red haired criminals. The pink Mohawk villain having already being called in as caught.

-

"Hey! Villain!" You yelled out as you flew down towards him, you took three feathers and stiffened them, throwing them like daggers.

Two hit the criminal and he fell to the ground, seemingly pinned to the concrete until you landed, straddling him as he faced the ground. Silent and unmoving.

"Okay, villain. Time to head to the prison." You said as you reached down to grab his wrists.

Just as you came in contact with his skin, blue sparks faintly appeared. Like fire starting. You glanced up at the man's face seeing burnt stapled together skin.

"Wh... What..." You mumbled as blue flames engulfed his body. The red wig burning as you flew back as quickly as you could. Your hand receiving at least first degree burns. "Fuck!"

Dabi stood up and grinned as he turned to look at you. "Almost got you, Y/N."

Chills filled your body as he spoke your name. You backed up as you went to touch your earpiece. Dabi threw a hand up, sending flames right by your head, burning the side of your face. The earpiece began to melt and sizzle in your ear causing you to swat it out as you stepped back, turning your back to Dabi, and putting your wings up as shields. "Ow! Goddamn it!"

"Want to do this the easy way?" You heard Dabi's footsteps move towards you as you took out the ointment you had on your utility belt and rubbed it on your face. The smell of burnt hair lingering around your nose.

"Or the hard way, hero!?" Dabi yelled as you saw Dabi's shadow vault over your wings. You looked up seeing him fly over and softened your wings enough to planted them on the ground and throw yourself back as Dabi's flames caught the edges of your wings.