Chapter 1

"This is it. The day I've been waiting for. It's best not to keep him waiting." Y/N said as he prepares himself for the meeting that is scheduled to take place that morning.

Wearing a black formal suit instead of his usual police uniform, he then walks towards his car. Today is of great significance to him, as this opportunity might prove to be of real use for his own agenda.

Starting the engine, he then takes one more look at the letter given to him by the person who contacted him. But even with his deduction skills, he was unable to find any clue that could hint at the man's true motives.

"Of all the places he'd ask me to meet him, it had to be there. But still, I have no choice. If he does well on his offer, then this is my best lead in years."

He then went on a thirty-minute drive towards the very place where they are supposed to meet. At that moment, Y/N felt completely focused, hoping that today would become a very compelling one for him. While he does not have a clear grasp as to what will happen once he meets this person, it goes without saying that he will not let this chance pass. Everything hinges on this deal that he was about to make, and that he knows all too well that he can't make any mistakes once their conversation is underway.

Upon reaching the meeting place, Y/N got out of his car, carrying with him a bouquet of flowers that he bought in a shop along the way. Slowly, he walked towards the resting place of his family, as he was then wrought with mixed emotions upon gazing at their tombstones.

Gently, he placed the flowers on the ground as he closed his eyes for a moment. A mix of sorrow and anger filled his heart soon after, coupled by a sense of resolve that he will not rest until justice is served for their sake.

"Appa, eomma, hyung, I came to visit you all again. The only difference is that I did not come here to weep and grieve over what happened to all of you, but for something else entirely. A man came in contact with me a few days ago, and he said that he is a former acquaintance of yours, appa. It's strange, because I think that we're about the same age. That said, it looks as if he was a protege of yours, and that he told me a couple of times about how much he admired your work. It's funny, as it appears that someone else knows more about your line of work than I do, your own son. But I don't hold it against you, at least for now. I'm not a fool, as I can easily discern whether he's lying or not, and so you don't have to worry about him. What's important is that one way or another, I'll be able to obtain something that could be of use to me in order to hunt down those responsible for what happened to you and hyung. That goes to you as well, eomma. I pity you the most, as you were the one who was most affected by what happened. But at least you can rest now. I promise that I'll take care of myself, and that I will uncover the truth someday."

A few minutes later, Y/N heard footsteps heading towards his direction, as he looked to see who was behind him.

He then saw a few men looking at him, as he noticed that all of them are wearing earpieces, suggesting that they are the bodyguards of the person whom he is supposed to meet. Right in the middle of their group was the man himself, who gestured for his guards to remain where they were, as he preferred to talk to him in private. As his enforcers obeyed and kept their distance, the man slowly went towards the spot where Y/N was standing, as he greeted him in glee.

The two of them stood silent for a couple of seconds, and soon enough, the man began to speak first in order to greet him.

"I'm glad that you showed up early today, Y/N-ssi. To be frank, I wasn't even sure if you would show up here today. I'm glad you're here."

"I see no reason as to why I won't hear what you have to say, Dr. Kim. If what you said was true, then you're the best person who could help me get some answers. I want nothing more than to avenge my own family, I don't care what it takes." Y/N said with a stern voice, as the man simply smirked at his display of bravado.