Act III. "Pinocchio" - Briefing

Thanks to your success on your first mission, we can now move forward to the next phase of our crackdown operation. That being said, we both know that it's still too early for you to rest on your laurels, Y/N. Still, it's all right for you to give yourself a pat on the back. You and Minji did well during the Los Angeles job, and Director Irene expects you to continue this well into your next assignment.

Speaking of which, I think that this one would prove to be quite a challenge based on the intel you've uncovered.

After our analysts had decrypted Hangyeol's most guarded files, they uncovered the whereabouts of one of his associates. This is good news to us of course, but unfortunately the others' location wasn't included in his archives. Still, tracking down this individual could possibly provide some more clues in order for us to continue, and that would be a good thing.

Per your agreement with the director, this task is for you and you alone, and that the Institute will continue to lend you and Rapunzel our full support until you get it done.

Now then, onto the details of your second assignment.

This time, your target is Hong Jiwoon, and like Hangyeol, he's also one of the principal sponsors of the Haven Project. While the former is the project's money man, the latter served as the primary liaison of our organization. With this, he, through his vast network of connections to several important figures around the globe, was the one responsible for allowing our operatives to move around any country undetected, all in order to help complete their assignments. With this, he was considered an invaluable asset to us, though your father also regarded him to be the most untrustworthy of the four just because of the many people he knows, and that includes the key figures in the criminal underworld.

After Dr. Lee was killed, he was the first to sever his ties to our organization, and has since gone into hiding, which we believed was made possible by his associates. The intel we acquired had proven this assumption, as we now know where he is.

However, this also complicates things, as he is currently under the protection of a highly-notorious criminal named Silvio Garigliano.

In case you don't know, Silvio is considered to be the most powerful man in the Italian Mafia, as his family currently leads the Sicilian Commission. In addition to this, he was also a former associate of ours, tasked with supporting our numerous operations not only in Italy but also in Eastern Europe, which was made possible through his own Albanian connections. We never thought that we would cross paths with him again after he stopped working for us. But now that we know that he's the one protecting Jiwoon, our superiors would like you to eliminate him as well, just so he won't be an obstacle in the future.

We will be sending you and Minji to Sicily within three days. Once you're there, your task will be to assassinate these two high-priority targets and obtain any information you can about their activities in the country. But unlike your previous mission, this will not be so easy. Even if you had managed to complete your task, there is no guarantee that you'll be able to get out of Italy alive, not without the entire commission looking for you after you killed their boss.

We'll let you formulate a plan to succeed in your mission without incident, and given the situation, we will not be able to provide you with adequate support.

Despite this, we had arranged for someone to assist you in the field.

Like Minji, she is an operative working for the Institute, though she has been active for quite a long time now, and we believe that her experience would be of great help to you.

She is currently operating in Florence, acting as one of our sleeper agents, and would meet you both at Sicily through the location that we will provide you before your departure.

Her codename is "Pinocchio", and I trust that you'll both get along well.

I wish you luck on this mission, both of you.

Targets:

Hong Jiwoon (primary)

the second of the four conspirators who once served as the primary liaison officer of the Institute.

Has connections to many organizations and key figures, including the criminal underworld

Responsible for providing in-field support for its operatives well until his betrayal

Silvio Garigliano (secondary)

The present don of the Garigliano Family, the most powerful mafia organization in Italy

He currently heads the Sicilian Commission, whose members include the other four families which make up the entirety of the Italian Mafia

Location: Sicily, Southern Italy

Estimated Mission Difficulty: Level 5 (by estimate)

Mission Operatives Present in Field:

Lee Y/N and Kim Minji (codename: Rapunzel)

Cho Miyeon (codename: Pinocchio)

Enemy Groups Present in Field: Garigliano Family, Sicilian Mafia