5: Fair

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PAST

An eleven-year-old Alhaitham runs into your bedroom and shuts the door behind him. "Y/N, I need you to help me hide." Your (E/C) eyes meet his.

"What did you do?" you ask, worry evident in your voice. A small smile makes its way to his face.

"I put hair dye in Kaveh's shampoo." Your eyes widened in shock.

"What?" you ask. "Oh no, my parents are going to kill you."

"No they're not. I asked them if I could do it."

"And they said yes?!" He nods his head.

"It took a bit of convincing, but it's only temporary dye," your gray-haired friend says. "It's gone after a few washes." You roll your eyes.

"I'd love to help you, Haitham, but I already told you two I don't want to pick sides in another silly prank war."

"It's not picking a side, it's just a small favor."

"ALHAITHAM!" your brother screams.

Alhaitham looks at you with pleading eyes. As much as you didn't want to help, you knew your brother would come breaking down your door soon, and you couldn't say no to one of your best friends.

"You can either hide in my closet or under my bed," you sigh. "Just be quiet when he storms in."

"Thank you."

He quickly opens your closet then closes it once again. You sit on your bed, reading a book. After a few minutes a loud knock is heard on your door.

"Come in," you call. A fuming Kaveh enters your room. You look up from your book, eyes traveling to his hair. His once blonde locks are now a teal color.

"Where is he, Y/N?" he asks, anger lacing his voice.

You shrug. "I don't know." Kaveh looks around your room. He goes on all fours to check under your bed.

"Are you sure you didn't see him around?" he asks as he stands up again. Your brother's ruby eyes fly to your closet.

"I already told you I don't want to be a part of this stupid prank war," you say, trying to remain calm.

"It's not stupid," he replies as he opens your closet door.

You brace for the worst, but to your surprise, Alhaitham was nowhere to be seen. You release a breath you didn't know you were holding.

"Are you done, yet?" you ask impatiently, trying to recover from the shock. "I already said he's not here, Kaveh." Your brother sighs.

"Sorry," your brother says. "But if you see him, tell him I will get him back for this. This dye better come out in the shower," he grumbles.

You watch as Kaveh leaves your room. You wait a few minutes before opening your closet door.

"Alhaitham?" you whisper.

"Up here," he says. You look up, trying to find the source of the sound. You spot his familiar silver hair on top of a high shelf.

"How did you get up there?"

"You had a box in your closet, so I used that to boost me up," he responds as he climbs down.

"You better get out of here, he's fuming."