18: Kaveh

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PAST

"I can't understand you!" Kaveh yells at Alhaitham. The two were currently in Alhaitham's room. Kaveh talked about his first year at Teyvat University, but the two got off topic.

"Well, what am I supposed to do?" the silver-haired man replies sarcastically. "Get down on my knees and say 'Y/N go out with me?'"

"No, just be your usual broody self. I'm sure she'd say yes."

"That's what I'm scared of."

"Her saying yes?" your brother asks baffled.

"Yes," Alhaitham sighs. "I'm leaving for college in a month, Kaveh. What's gonna happen when I leave?"

"Long distance relationship," he suggests.

"Those hardly last."

"So you're going to suffer at TU?"

"I won't suffer," Alhaitham replies.

"To think you of all people should know bottling up your feelings isn't healthy," Kaveh says as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I'm not bottling up my feelings," the viridian-eyed male quickly responds. "I'm just being honest. Let's I do ask and she says yes, and something happens when I'm gone. I'm won't be there for her, and I'd feel guilty that I can't help her." Kaveh nods his head in understanding.

"So you'd rather wait?"

"Yes. I'll wait for the right time."

"And when is that gonna be?" Silence flooded the room.

"I'm not sure." The blonde sighs.

"A few years ago, your mom told me something that stuck with me. I was nervous about joining that design club in high school, so I asked my parents for advice and told them I didnt' feel confident enough in my skills. Obviously, they encouraged me.

"When I asked your mom though, she asked me why I felt that way, and I told her it just didn't feel like the right time. Do you know what she said? She said there's never a right time for anything unless we make it so." Alhaitham nods, absorbing your brother's words.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PRESENT

"We're coming!" you yell into the phone. Tighnari, Cyno, and Alhaitham were already at the restaurant where you all agreed to meet. You were currently sitting on your living room couch, waiting for your brother. "You guys know Kaveh's beauty routine can't be interrupted."

"Hey," Kaveh calls as he comes down the stairs. "There's nothing wrong with a little self care." You laugh at your brother as he brushes some stray hairs from his face.

"We'll be there soon," you say into the phone.

"Bye!"

"Come on, we're already late," you sigh as you stand from your seat. Kaveh double checks his pockets, making sure he has his keys, phone, and wallet.

"Okay, let's go."

Together, the two of you walk towards Kaveh's car. He unlocks the door, letting the two of you in. Once he's comfortable, he starts to drive.

"Hey," Kaveh says. "I have a question for you."

"Okay, shoot."

"How's Alhaitham treating you?" he asks. A smile paints your face.