12: Cafe Time

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

Sorry for disappearing for 2 weeks. School was being mean to me by giving me so much homework. Please accept this 3k word apology. 🥺❤️❤️

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PAST

Alhaitham's mom sat in her bedroom, nestled under the blankets on her bed. The soft lights shone down on her platinum hair, which fell to her shoulders. Her deep emerald eyes scan over the pages of a book. A gentle knock sounded on her door before opening, revealing her son with furrowed brows and a distant stare.

"Alhaitham, what's wrong?" she asked, putting her book on her nightstand.

"Mom," the teen says. "Can I ask you a question?" Her caring eyes met her son's.

"Sure."

"If I hypothetically wanted to ask someone on a date, what's the best way to do that?"

"Well," she starts. "It depends on the person. Some people like large displays of affection and others prefer intimate, personal moments. You can ask someone on a date either way, but no matter how you do it, if they truly care and love you, it will be memorable."

"Memorable," Alhaitham repeats, earning a chuckle from his mom.

"Might I ask who you have in mind?" She noticed how her son's usually pale cheeks erupted into a shade of pink.

"Someone I deeply care about," he says as he pictures you in his head.

"I'm sure whoever it is, they'll share the same sentiment," she says with a knowing smile.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PRESENT

You spent the rest of your day with Kaveh and Ayato watching movies. Though Alhaitham was asleep on your shoulder for most of the movie marathon, you enjoyed it. Every once in a while, you'd steal a few glances at his sleeping figure, noting the way his usual serious expression melted into one of calmness. After watching your third movie, Alhaitham had woken up while the ending credits rolled, letting out a yawn as he lifted his head from your shoulder.

"Someone's finally awake," Kaveh teased.

"I'm too tired to deal with you," he replied. Ayato smiled at their interaction.

"Do you guys want to watch another movie?" the blue-haired man asked.

"Actually, it's getting a bit late," you say as you check the time on your phone. "I should be heading back to my dorm soon."

"I'll walk you," Alhaitham says. Before anyone could object, he was already standing up from his seat.

"Okay," you reply.

You follow Alhaitham to the door, which he holds open for you. Once you step outside, he follows, shutting the door behind him, leaving his two friends in silence.

"Wow," the oldest Kamisato sibling says. "I've never seen Alhaitham like that."

"Yeah," your brother laughs.

"It's as if all those walls he put up just disappeared."

"Well, we were friends with Alhaitham before he put up those walls, but even then, there was a time when he started to be less open with us. He never did that to Y/N, though," Kaveh smiles. "I'm happy for them, but if he even tries to do anything funny to her, I will beat him up." The frost-haired man laughs.