13: Changes

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PAST

A knock sounded on your front door. Your parents, who were in the kitchen, looked at each other questioningly. Your dad put down the dish he was washing and quickly dried his hands before rushing to the door. He swings it open, spotting a mop of gray hair.

"Alhaitham?" he asks. "If you wanted to hang out with Y/N and Kaveh, I'm sorry to tell you they're not here."

"Thank you," the teen says. "But I actually had something to ask."

"Come in, then," your mom calls. She had been listening from the kitchen, now her curiosity was piqued.

Your dad welcomed Alhaitham inside, closing the door behind him. The three of them moved to sit at the dinner table.

"What's going on?" your mom asked. She noticed that Alhaitham's demeanor changed. His usual unreadable expression shifted into one of uncertainty.

"Is Y/N going to prom?"

Your dad's eyes widened slightly before smirking at your mom. Your mom, on the other hand, did not notice his reaction.

"I'm not too sure," your mom replied. "She's mentioned it a few times, but never said if she was going."

Alhaitham nodded in understanding. "Well, if she is going, would it be alright if I go with her?"

"Like a date?" your dad questioned, wiggling his eyebrow. A pink hue started to appear on Alhaitham's cheeks and on the tips of his ears. 'Bingo,' your dad thought.

"Well, if Y/N wants it to be a date, it can be."

"If she is going to prom," your mom starts. "Then you're more than welcome to go with her."

"Thank you," the viridian-eyed boy says.

"Is that all you wanted?" your dad asked. A silence fell over the house as Alhaitham as he remembered his mom's advice. He knew you were the type of person to appreciate personal acts of affection, yet you also appreciated large displays of affection.

"Do you have any suggestions on how I should ask her?"

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PRESENT

Over the past two weeks, those around Alhaitham noticed subtle changes in his demeanor, and it didn't take a genius to figure out why.

One of the first people to notice this change was Kaveh. Usually, His keys would disappear to later be found in the pocket of his roommate. As of late, his keys would be in a different part of the dorm. Initially, he thought he was misplacing them, but after a few days, he realized that wasn't the case.

When he asked Alhaitham about it, the silver-haired male curtly replied with a 'maybe you should take better care of your things,' and left. Of course, your brother wasn't one to let that slide, so the next time he saw his roommate, Kaveh threw a very heavy briefcase at him.

Tighnari and Cyno saw these changes, too. The pair try to plan a guys' night with Alhaitham and Kaveh once a month. They noted how their emerald-eyed friend's sharp gaze softened and how his lips subtly curved upward when your name was brought up in a conversation.

In true Tighnari fashion, he'd observe these little details only to tease him about it later on. Cyno, though, thought it was incredible how the most mature of his friends buzzed with a childlike excitement at the mere mention of your name.