14: Arcade

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PAST

"I'm not going to prom."

The two of you were walking home from school when he decided to ask about prom. Those five words were a surprise for Alhaitham, but it wasn't exactly a worse case scenario.

"I'm actually surprised you want to go," you added. "I know you don't like parties or big gatherings like that."

"Kaveh and Tighnari insisted that Cyno and I go. Then they told Nilou and Collei about trying to get us to go to prom. Those two jumped on it and convinced Cyno. I just assumed you'd be going, too."

"Those two are already in college, yet they still act like the moms of the group," you laughed.

"They do, don't they?"

"I take that back," you said. "Tighnari is the aunt that actively encourages us to commit crimes. Kaveh is the mom that disagrees with most of what Tighnari says. He also stresses about every little thing. That's why he started getting stress lines at seventeen." The silver-haired boy next to you erupted into laughter. Your eyes widened, realizing what you just said.

"Wait, pretend I didn't say that! Forget I said he has stress lines!"

"Don't worry," Alhaitham smirked. "I won't say a thing."

"Why do I feel you don't really mean it?" you deadpanned.

"I won't. I promise." A minute later, he spoke again. "Are you sure you don't want to go to prom, though?"

"I'm sure. I find it silly to spend so much money on a fancy outfit to only wear it once. Besides, I have a huge exam next week. I could use the time to study."

"You're not overworking yourself, right?" he questioned. You stayed silent. "If we're not going to prom, at least let me treat you out."

"We?"

"I see no reason to go if you're not going," your friend replied. "So what would you like to do instead?"

"I don't really care where we hang out," you shrugged.

"My house?" he suggested. "I know my mom would be okay with it. We can watch some movies."

"Alright," you nodded. "I think I do need a break from my schoolwork, even if it's just for a few hours."

"Hours? No, plan on spending the night," he said.

"What?!"

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PRESENT

Alhaitham sat at his desk, focused on the laptop screen in front of him. Gray locks framed his sharp features and his blue light glasses balanced on his nose bridge. With brows furrowed and lips slightly parted, he was deep in thought.

The buzzing of his phone filled the air. Of course it was easy to ignore, but when his phone continued to buzz, it quickly became annoying. With a sigh, he unlocked it to check his messages.

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

Sumeru's Finest Idiots

Tighnari
it's been a while since we all hung out together

Collei
yeah!

Tighnari
do you guys wanna do something to destress before finals?