8: Closed Doors

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

A/N: Thank you so much for 1K reads! You're all amazing! ❤️❤️

I did go back and add a playlist for this story. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

-daizie

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

PAST

Laughter from you, Kaveh, and Alhaitham fill the air. The three of you are playing in your backyard, reenacting a fantasy movie the three of you just watched.

"I'll protect you, Princess Y/N," Alhaitham says while swinging a stick at Kaveh like a sword. Your brother dodges while laughing.

"Is that all you have, knight?" he taunts. Alhaitham smirks.

"I've only just begun!" he yells as he turns to you. "Stay put, Princess," he says before charging at Kaveh.

From the porch, your parents and Alhaitham's parents smile, watching you three play.

"I think you were right," Alhaitham's mom starts as she glances at her son with nothing but love in her deep green eyes. "It was good for us to introduce Alhaitham to Y/N and Kaveh. He's hardly this expressive with other kids and only has a few friends at school."

Your dad responds with a hearty laugh. "Maybe they just have a way to get him to open up."

"Definitely," your mom adds. "Those two can easily befriend anyone."

"Well, speaking of friends," Alhaitham's mom mentions. "We were thinking about moving closer to you guys. It's getting to be a bit of a hassle to drive across town this often for our kids to play together." Your parents smile with glee as Alhaitham's dad furrows his brows.

"Honey, we've only discussed this about a handful of times behind closed doors," Alhaitham's dad says with annoyance in his voice as his orange eyes narrow. "We're not even close to making a huge decision like this." Alhaitham's mom waved him off.

"Well, it's not set in stone, and I'm telling them so that if there's a house for rent here, they'll let us know," she replies nonchalantly. "Besides, if we do move here, at least Alhaitham will be comfortable in the neighborhood." Noticing the tension starting to rise between the two of them, your dad clears his throat.

"Actually, one of our neighbors is moving out soon. They want to rent it out and are looking for a tenant." Alhaitham's dad clenches his jaw as his wife sends your parents a smile.

"Wonderful," she says. "We'll think about it." She sends her husband a look, her emerald eyes meeting his orange orbs. He walks off into the house, and Alhaitham's mom turns to watch the kids play.

Kaveh is lying in the grass and Alhaitham is standing over him.

"You've thwarted my plan, Sir Alhaitham!" Kaveh cries dramatically.

"Sir Alhaitham!" you exclaim as you run to your gray-haired friend. He pulls you in for a side hug as you wrap your arms around him. "You've defeated the evil wizard."

"Of course I did, Princess. It's my duty to protect you." He says as he looks at you expectantly.

"What?" you ask.

"Well, at the end of the movie, the princess and the knight kiss." When he hears this, Kaveh quickly sits up. He did not want to see his best friend kiss his little sister.